Crossgates Mall

Started by Caldor1999, July 30, 2005, 12:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

I went back to thsi mall 2 weeks ago (march 20, 2006) the filene's was closing and had 1 or 2 days left and the upper floor closed. NEWS FLASH: THE DISNEY STORE WAS THERE THIS TIME I WENT THERe. WHEN I WENT THERE LAST SUMEMR THE DISNEY STORE WAS NOT THERE. THE DISNEY STORE HAD THAT NEW REMODELED LOOK: with the glass windows with the mickey mouse logo. THE DISNEY STORE DID NOT CLOSED< it was just closed for renovations at the time I Guess. what a shame, but anchors in teh new wing are gone. hopefulyl there wil lbe replacements.

here is the closing filene;s

amesman

Actually, what happened with the Disney Store, was that it moved to another location in the mall. They used to be on the upper level next to Dick's Sporting Goods, but they are now located on the lower level in the Filene's wing.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
Just found out tonight from CBS 6 WRGB News that the Macy's will move to the former Filenes space once Filenes closes.

Also, I emailed the mall management to ask if I could get new pics tomorrow when I go there, but the management said no :( Oh well, at least I got these older ones..hehe

mall management would possibly have approved the picture taking if you saw them in person or something. email may not be reliable for that. you also could have been more explicit for picture taking. saying i want to take pictures won't get anywhere.

but WHAT IS GOING TO GO IN THE OLD MACY's and Lord and taylor. we can't have them vacant too long. This mall still does awsome and everyone from the capital region picks this mall and so od the people from vermont and I went to this mall twice: once last summer and it was busy even on a weekday mid afternoon and at 8 pm last march and it was busy then too. why did lord and taylor have to pick this one to close?

Caldor1999

im gusisng macys moved into the filenes space because that filenes seems to have been bigger then macys but idk what could fit in tehre albany hasa lot of retail i would liek to see maby a nordstrom go in there bloomingdales or something that albany dosent have i dont see why fedrated dident replay the fomer fileen s spots with blooomingdales if the malls had macys already
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

amesman

Update time.

Dick's Sporting Goods has moved into the former Lord and Taylor space with a new two level store. A new anchor sized Forever 21 store will move into their old space.

The Dick's store only occupies the back half of the Lord and Taylor space. The front half has been carved into more mall space for what I believe will be more restaurants to further capitalize on Pyramid's ThEATery concept. There is also a new mall entrance being constructed.

Other news for the mall is that it is slowly getting a new paint job. The pink and white colors are being replaced with blue and an olive green. Also, new escalators are being installed in front of the former third level theater/Best Buy/H&M.

And the former Jordan Marsh/Macy's is still vacant.