QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
filene's in meriden ct in meriden square mall, as of august 4, 2006 and notice the plastic around the lettering, it is soon to become macy's very very soon.

meriden ct and it looks like it was remodeled at some point, perhaps during the malls probable expansion that added that one level with lord and taylor.

meriden

entrance still says filene's in this meriden one, but the stuff says macy's store hours.

meriden ct
meriden ct

meriden ct

meriden ct

meriden ct

meriden ct

d_fife

the 60,000 sq.ft. filene's in newington nh in the fox run mall and it is old school.

d_fife

the one in pittsfield / lanesboro mass in the mall that opened in 1994 by replacing steigers.

amesman

Here's an update to the Kingston store. It will be Macy's on September 9th.

amesman

Close up of logo. Since this picture was taken, the Macy's logo has been put up underneath the Filene's tarp.

amesman

Mall entrance. The Macy's logo is under the tarp, surrounded by sign framing.

amesman

Older shot from when it was still Filene's.

amesman

Here's the Rotterdam Square location as of August 5th. The one Filene's tarp is gone, exposing the new Macy's logo.

amesman

Somewhat blurry closeup of new Macy's logo.

amesman

Inside shot. Interestingly, the logo for this store is white instead of black(see tip of "y" sticking out from under the Filene's tarp).

amesman

Older shot of store when it was still Filene's.

dayville81

the 60,000 sq.ft. filene's in newington nh in the fox run mall and it is old school.
Did this store open in the late 1980's? Crystal Mall Filene's did and had the old school logo until 2 years before Federated bought the chain.
The Filene's at Crystal Mall was 90,000 square feet, I bet the newington nh store was wicked small.....was it just a filene's home store or a regular filene's?

JustinT

QuoteOriginally posted by dayville81
Did this store open in the late 1980's? Crystal Mall Filene's did and had the old school logo until 2 years before Federated bought the chain.
The Filene's at Crystal Mall was 90,000 square feet, I bet the newington nh store was wicked small.....was it just a filene's home store or a regular filene's?

It opened with the mall in 1983.

Although it was very small, it was in fact a full-service Filene's. Federated has retained the store, I believe it's a home store or similar now. The mall's other Macy's, a former Jordan Marsh, is around 55,000-60,000 sq. ft. as well.... even together they don't equal the square footage of a standard Macy's.

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman

Amesman, I'm curious about what kind of camera you use to secure indoor photos. The camera appears to be a champion of very good quality indoor shots.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

d_fife

the vacant 90,000 square foot filene's in waterford ct in the crystal mall as of september 7, 2006.

d_fife

the vacant 90,000 square foot filene's in waterford ct in the crystal mall as of september 7, 2006.

vacant waterford crystal mall. it looks too much like the one in the maine mall (THIS MALL also looks too much like the pheasant lane mall in nashua), but hte interior entrance is old and I did not photograph as it would be risky.

d_fife

d_fife

former waterford crystal mall one

d_fife

former waterford crystal mall one

waterford

amesman

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
QuoteOriginally posted by amesman

Amesman, I'm curious about what kind of camera you use to secure indoor photos. The camera appears to be a champion of very good quality indoor shots.

I use a Kodak Easyshare CX7430. It is very good for inside shots and outdoor shots. Outdoor shots usually don't work inside a moving car when it is either a)really hazy, b) really cloudy and rainy, and c) when it is dark.

XISMZERO

Here's a very old trailer I found at the Westfield Meriden (Square) a few months back when it was already Macy's. This mall never featured this vintage 70s-era Filene's logo.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

amesman

That trailer(or one just like it) used to always be at the store here in Kingston. Never thought to grab a picture of it though. Doh!

XISMZERO

I just that exact same design trailer tonight, probably the same one, at my local Westfarms Mall. Meriden Square is probably a good 20 minutes, along the same route so it's probably that same one. I'll have to get a shot of it if it's still there tomorrow.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

ameskmart1

Picture of an unknown closing Filene's
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by ameskmart1
Picture of an unknown closing Filene's

i believe that was there donwtown bosten store
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

mikey7290

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
Here's a very old trailer I found at the Westfield Meriden (Square) a few months back when it was already Macy's. This mall never featured this vintage 70s-era Filene's logo.

That logo on the trailer reminds me of the sign of Nathan Frank's Sons, a local department store here in Ogdensburg, NY that closed in 1960.  Here's an old picture of the store building and you can see the similarity in the sign above the store entrance.

XISMZERO

Here's a vacant Filene's Home Store / Service Center in Manchester, CT. It's right next to the JCPenney Logistics Center. I reckon this place got axed ensuing the Macy's buyout. Swung by today and took a few.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

The label scar is rich. You can see this building off I-291 but you can't access it from there! You actually have to trail a while off the highway as its adjacent the Tolland Turnpike.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Check out what I stumbled across this morning on my way out of the Buckland Hills Mall in Manchester... a vintage Filene's trailer with the 70s art deco logo!

I think this one makes rounds at all the local malls as I've seen what I believe to be the same one at Westfarms, Meriden Square and here.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Caldor1999

anyone have any news about whats going into the danbury location ????
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory