Filene's

Started by Caldor1999, July 29, 2005, 03:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

god i hope they dont put in a Burlington Coat Factory there that store is Crap i think a Filenes basment would work out i would also say Kohls but they already have a store in danbury maby Nordstrom could fill the old filenes space or a Bovscos or a bon ton something good not a crap store like Burlington Coat Factory cause that mall can ahve better stores
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
god i hope they dont put in a Burlington Coat Factory there that store is Crap i think a Filenes basment would work out i would also say Kohls but they already have a store in danbury maby Nordstrom could fill the old filenes space or a Bovscos or a bon ton something good not a crap store like Burlington Coat Factory cause that mall can ahve better stores

I agree, from what I have heard of the Danbury fair mall, burlington coat would not fit the shoppers clientelle. but boscov's is in new york and pa, but danbury is near new york. Boscov's is like an upscale JC PEnny.

dayville81

It would be nice if they put in Bon Ton. Something different than what we already have in Connecticut. Connecticut seems to put five million locations of one store because people are too lazy to drive 20 miles out of their way to go some place better.

dayville81

I used to work at Filene's and this is my old Filene's badge. I won a star for customer service.

dayville81

I used to work at Filene's Store #82, Crystal Mall, Waterford, CT. It was 90,000 square feet and I worked in home department for a while as well as men's sportswear and men's furnishings. This store will close since there is a Macy's in the Crystal Mall already. I wonder what will happen to this Filene's because it is pretty small though it is 2 floors and has two outside entrances on the lower level and two mall entrances. It would be difficult for the store to expand due to meeting parking regulations, though it could be done if the mall permieter road were moved up a bit.

dayville81

Cyrstal Mall's current anchor stores include: Sears, JC Penney, Filene's and Macy's so the new fourth anchor to replace Filene's may not be a traditional department store either, just like was mentioned for Danbury Square Mall. Crystal Mall is owned by Simon. There is no Nordstrom or Saks Fifth Avenue in the area though several other high-class stores were built across the street at Waterford Commons. There is already a Target near the mall not far from JC Penney and there is a Burlington Coat Factory in New London. Dick's Sporting Goods, Best Buy, Borders, iParty are all over at Waterford Commons as well. And Wal-Mart already has a Supercenter on the other end of town. There is a large 9 screen theatre over at Cross Roads but last time it was redone was the 1980's and they have traditional seating.
This area has a high average income because of Pfizer, Dow Chemical, Millstone, and Electric Boat.

dayville81

I guess you are supposed to turn this in when you quit but since I was contingent at one time they never asked for it back. A piece of history.

d_fife

this filene's in stamford ct closed a year ago and is 170,000 square feet. the mal was built in 1982.

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1137907443&subNum=50125000002

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
this filene's in stamford ct closed a year ago and is 170,000 square feet. the mal was built in 1982.

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1137907443&subNum=50125000002

more filene's in stamford

dayville81

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
dose any one know when the store clsoinf sale for the filenes will start? like the ones that are closing this mounth

January 29, 2006 is when the sales start. I wonder when they close

I talked to an associate at Filene's Crystal Mall who told me originally it was set to close in March but they moved it up to April. The children's department and part of the woman's sportswear department was closed off with six-foot walls with signs saying "Pardon us as we prepare for our clearance event". The store already has Macy's merchandise "The Marketplace" summer silverware collection next to Filene's "Summer Country" collection. Their seasonal department has both leftover Christmas stuff and summer stuff and there were clothes galore there. Im sure they are getting all the clothes and merchandise Macy's wants rid of especially brands Macy's doesnt sell that Filene's did. I noticed certain merchandise like some jewlery, purses, picture frames, and comforters have been removed. Im sure Macy's already took the good stuff out of the store and put it in their store. Only the associates at Filene's that have been loyal to the company and have high senority will be offered jobs at Macy's. Most will either retire or get a severance package.

Caldor1999

hears the closing sale at the danbury CT Filenes
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

d_fife

here is the filene's entrance in the warwick mall

from http://www.warwickmall.com/html/storescat.html

d_fife

NEWSFLASH!!!!

nordstrom is replacing the filene's in Burlington mall and the Macy's stores in South Shore mall in Braintree and North shore mall in Peabody. the will be about 145,000 square feet (Thought hte 2 macy's will are like 300,000 square feet and the filene's in burlington is 168,000 square feet). the burlington one opens Spring 2008, braintree south shore one opens Spring 2009 and the one in peabody north shore openes Spring 2010. WHY WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

it said the filene';s in Braintree is 227,000 square feet. WHere was the original north shore mall one.

d_fife

here is the filene's furniture store in hanover mass
from www.hanovermall.com/ vrtour/vexterst.htm

d_fife

here is filene's furniture store in hyannis mass in the cape cod plaza that will close and is 40,000 sf

from http://www.urbanretail.com/urpweb.nsf/0/9ba1e335856c899d88256c25005f53a4?OpenDocument

d_fife

here is the filene's interiror entrance in the mall in the in auburn mall in mass

from http://www.simon.com/mall/mall_info.aspx?ID=332&LeasingInfo=1#leasing

d_fife

d_fife

I went to the maine mall 2 days ago and the filene's is 30-40 percent off.

dayville81

Crystal Mall Filene's had its last day of sales on Monday, March 20. Talking to a former co-worker, I found out the merchandise went quicker than what the company thought. They will spend the rest of the week cleaning up the place, bringing select fixtures to the Macy's store, and moving the computer registers to Macy's since Macy's has older registers. The entire lower level was bare except fixtures, oriental rugs, free gift boxes with Filene's name on it which I took several, and wooden hangers. The upper level was totally empty except for some fine jewlery. Much of the floor was sectioned off though I went through those sections anyway and you could see all the bare walls, and bare floors. The mall doors on the upper level are already closed forcing customers to enter through the lower level. Probably so they could go past the "New Department" signs advertise since the store never had oriental rugs before but I believe most did not sell because of the price even though they were on clearance.
Looked very sad. Now Crystal Mall in Waterford loses an anchor. Who will replace Filene's? My co-worker heard rumors of Barnes and Noble or a movie theatre. But says he isnt sure they are true.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by dayville81
Crystal Mall Filene's had its last day of sales on Monday, March 20. Talking to a former co-worker, I found out the merchandise went quicker than what the company thought. They will spend the rest of the week cleaning up the place, bringing select fixtures to the Macy's store, and moving the computer registers to Macy's since Macy's has older registers. The entire lower level was bare except fixtures, oriental rugs, free gift boxes with Filene's name on it which I took several, and wooden hangers. The upper level was totally empty except for some fine jewlery. Much of the floor was sectioned off though I went through those sections anyway and you could see all the bare walls, and bare floors. The mall doors on the upper level are already closed forcing customers to enter through the lower level. Probably so they could go past the "New Department" signs advertise since the store never had oriental rugs before but I believe most did not sell because of the price even though they were on clearance.
Looked very sad. Now Crystal Mall in Waterford loses an anchor. Who will replace Filene's? My co-worker heard rumors of Barnes and Noble or a movie theatre. But says he isnt sure they are true.

did the danbury one just close too?? im still trying to figure out what will go in there maby a Nordstrom Saks or a Neman Marcus the mall only has one upscale tenate Loprd & Taylor i just hope they dont replace teh fienes with sdome crappy store i wannna see a dept store go in there or at least a movie theater the danbury mall was abopuot haveing dept stores and thats what i think should go in there
Caldor Forever!

Zayre88

Customers snap up final bargains at Filene's

Kennebec Journal

SOUTH PORTLAND ? What does it really mean when "everything must go"? It means naked, hairless mannequins tucked away behind yellow caution tape. It means half-price on fixtures, allowing anyone to take home their own jewelry display case or watch carousel. It means a few bucks for hangers.

At Filene's at the Maine Mall on Monday, it meant taking one last look and trying to find that one last bargain....

http://business.mainetoday.com/news/060321filenes.shtml

dayville81

Photo of front of Filene's attached....Macy's will move from the other end of the mall to this location.

dayville81

Three-story Macy's anyone?
This Macy's will close in Warwick Mall as it will relocate its store in the old Filene's. Funny since this Macy's is 3 floors and the old Filene's is only 2 floors. Although this Macy's never really used their space to its fullest and had "empty" areas and never enough associates to cover half the store.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by dayville81
Three-story Macy's anyone?
This Macy's will close in Warwick Mall as it will relocate its store in the old Filene's. Funny since this Macy's is 3 floors and the old Filene's is only 2 floors. Although this Macy's never really used their space to its fullest and had "empty" areas and never enough associates to cover half the store.

the danbury Macys has 3 leves the first is mens and womnas clouthing the upsaties one has more womens clouthing and a under were section and the 3red one has house were and a huge kids section the filene sthere today was still open but they were selling the old fixtures the logo was still on and all
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

here is the 111,000 sf filene's in the berkshire mall in lanesboro pittsfield mass. tat will become macy's.

d_fife

here teh last few days of the filene's in crossgates mall. I was there last monday and the store had a couple days left.

Caldor1999

i was just at the danbury filenes a few days ago they were selling all teh old fixtures idk waht will move in there maby a dicks sporting goods on one leve and a filenes basment on the outher tahtsw hat i would liek to see or maby a nordstrom  or a movie theater
Caldor Forever!

XISMZERO

Here's a G.Fox pricesticker, which was a store later acquired by the May's department store group in the early 1990's. Most stores became May's division Filene's.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's an early Filene's gift box which resembled G. Fox's old gift boxes with the white dots.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

jmn3

That G.Fox tag and the Filene's box must have been pretty standard May Co. material in the 90's as I recall Kaufmann's having the same things.  It must date back to even the very late 80's as I remember Sibley's having bags with the white dots just like that Filene's box.  Kaufmann's used a tag just like that G. Fox tag up until about 4 or 5 years ago.