Caldor Shopping carts

Started by Caldor1999, July 25, 2005, 11:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
Here's an ancient Caldor cart my brother and I spotted right down the road from me while going to Advance Auto Parts!  Yet another brand gobbled up by OSJL!

nice find but i rememebr the rainbow carts being mad eout of metile but ye athats a nice find :)
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
Here's an ancient Caldor cart my brother and I spotted right down the road from me while going to Advance Auto Parts!  Yet another brand gobbled up by OSJL!

Wow! What a find - I knew there were rainbow Caldor carts out there. Let me tell you if I saw that, it would be sticking out of my trunk in the next few minutes. Here's a typical one I found behind the Shaw's near a former Caldor (turned Ames) in Stoneham, Mass.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Still a shocking find seeing as Caldor shut down in 1999. One wonders exactly where this cart has been lurking (surviving) around since then.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

amesman

Here is a newer shot of the older Caldor cart at the Colonie Salvation Army. There are others there, but this was the only one I could get a shot of.

amesman

Shot of the newer cart there. Like the older carts, there are more, but I could only get a shot of one.

XISMZERO

1990's Caldor cart sighting at Building 19 1/15 (?) in Nashua, NH. They were caught using all kinds of strange unknown carts and baskets. None of them were as easily recognizable as this one...
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

AmesNewington

Today when I was in Dollar Tree in Newington CT, I happened to peek in the back room that was open, and I noticed a Caldor cart identical to the one pictured above this post. It must have been from the Newington store. It's being used by Dollar Tree for storage.

ynkeesfn82

Saturday night walking by the Salvation Army store on Farmington Ave in Bristol, Connecticut (in the plaza with Sears Appliance & Hardware previously Wollco, Rickles, and Pergament in that order and Big Lots previously Waldbaums) I saw a Caldor Cart (logo in tact) in the window with the rest of the Salvation Army Carts.

ynkeesfn82

About 2 weeks ago I saw a homeless guy walking through Shoprite Plaza in Southington, CT and he was pushing a brown Caldor cart filled with his belongings.

ynkeesfn82

I was at Bristol Plaza last week in Bristol, CT (The plaza with Stop & Shop, TJ MAXX, Savers, and JOB LOT) and I saw an older man pushing a brown Caldor Cart. Man it's been 16 years since they went out.

Retail Regents

Quote from: amesman on April 02, 2006, 01:35:12 PM
Here's another. This one is most likely from the Albany-Central Ave store.

Those ones from the Central Ave. location were sent to the Glenville location when they got their modern A&P carts. One of the black ones was dated 6 92.

Retail Regents

The Salvation Army in Greece, NY had the big ones. Couldn't read the date as the bottom was badly rusted. Possibly a 1993 or early 1994 model.