Main Menu

Volkswagen.

Started by storehistoryguy, July 25, 2005, 12:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

storehistoryguy

Just Volkswagen in general. Any VW.

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

I once owned a Fox simular to this one. It was the same color with beigh interior and it was a 1988 that I bought in 1990. Man, I miss that ol' thing. I sold it in 1994 along with my Toyota Van.

storehistoryguy

store215

I don't really like any of Volkswagen's current models. They are all very small (the cars that is) and overpriced compared to what other companies offer.

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
Anyone remember the Volkswagon Passat?

I saw one today it was like the Jetta.

Do They still make them?

Of course. They have been sold in America since 1990. They are coming out with a new one next year.

storehistoryguy

Here is the first American Passat, 1990-1994.

storehistoryguy

Here is the second Passat, 1995-1997.

storehistoryguy

The third Passat, 1998-2001.

storehistoryguy

Here is the forth Passat, 2001 1/2- 2005.

storehistoryguy

And here is next year's new Passat, 2006-

storehistoryguy

This is a 1973 VW 412. Let me tell you a little bit about these cars. They came out in 1967. The where pieces of junk. Its a surprise it lasted as long as it did, 1967-1975. They were known for catching on fire. You would see something like this on the road today maybe once or twice in your entire life. Maybe even never. I've seen them on the road (after they went out) maybe three times. I've seen them in junkyards alot more though.

storehistoryguy

Volkswagen Original Beetle.

storehistoryguy

How many of you remember the Corrado? It didn't last long. It was introduced in 1990 and dropped in 1993. I've driven them before, test drove a few when they were still being made. Comfortable and affordable. They were two door fastback hatchbacks.

storehistoryguy

This is the original American Jetta, 1980-1984.

storehistoryguy

Anyone remember the VW Rabbit? LOL

Who doesn't? :huh:

HoJofan206

I liked the most recent version of the Jetta, the new 2006 is a bit larger, and A LOT pricier.

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
I liked the most recent version of the Jetta, the new 2006 is a bit larger, and A LOT pricier.

I liked the bigger sunroof. The VW dealership near me is a very cozy place and they hold alot of events and they had held one for the new Jetta at night a few months ago where everybody ate food and looked at the new Jetta in the dealership.

truviking05

My first car may very well be a New Beetle. My heart's been set on a Lime Green one since I was 9. And they're supposed to be very safe..."Round for a Reason"..remember that, anyone?:question:

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by truviking05
My first car may very well be a New Beetle. My heart's been set on a Lime Green one since I was 9. And they're supposed to be very safe..."Round for a Reason"..remember that, anyone?:question:

Funny story. A friend of mine has a 2001 New Beetle and we were in it one day on the road, he was driving. We were on a main road when this dear came out of the woods and we hit it. The deer hit the hood, went over the roof and landed behind us. The person in back of us pulled over to to help us. The deer was just laying on the street. About five minutes later the police showed up and the deer got up and ran off. Aparently this deer had some other run-ins with the law. :insane: My friend had to get a brand new hood for the car. Also, new airbags.

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
QuoteOriginally posted by truviking05

Funny story. A friend of mine has a 2001 New Beetle and we were in it one day on the road, he was driving. We were on a main road when this dear came out of the woods and we hit it. The deer hit the hood, went over the roof and landed behind us. The person in back of us pulled over to to help us. The deer was just laying on the street. About five minutes later the police showed up and the deer got up and ran off. Aparently this deer had some other run-ins with the law. :insane: My friend had to get a brand new hood for the car. Also, new airbags.

HA HA HA NOW THATS A FUNNY STORY!!!!:insane:

Its true too. I sent it into Reader's Digest last year and they published it.

storehistoryguy

A yellow Corrado.

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

Here is a Eurovan camper.

storehistoryguy

An earlier Eurovan camper from the mid 90's.

storehistoryguy

An older Golf from Australia.

storehistoryguy

New Beetle Convertable. (I added the head. :bigsmile: )

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
Here is a Eurovan camper.

What is with that silly thing on the roof?:huh:

That is to make the roof higher so you can walk aroundbecause its like a home in there. Theres a small kitchen and beds and stuff.

HoJofan206

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit