Main Menu

Bob's Stores

Started by TRU7536, July 23, 2005, 10:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRU7536

based from CT, all most went out of business. Dicks Sporting was about to buy them out and close all their stores, but TJ Maxx bought them at the last minute. They are now opening more stores ans plan on going national.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by TRU7536
based from CT, all most went out of business. Dicks Sporting was about to buy them out and close all their stores, but TJ Maxx bought them at the last minute. They are now opening more stores ans plan on going national.

yea there is one in Danbury they have some nice stuff it reminds me of Kohls
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

d_fife

bob's stores is a sportswear place that got bought out by tj maxx over a year ago and closed a few stores, like kingston mass, albany ny and some on long island and the poughkeepsie stores.

this bob's stores is in totowa nj.

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1137877783&subNum=10205000313

d_fife

here is bob's stores in manchester CT near circuit city

d_fife

here is the bob's in newington ct

d_fife

bob's stores in simsbury CT

d_fife

bob's stores in waterbury CT in the naugatuck valley plaza in the old mall. I heard they almost put one in southington.

d_fife

bob's sign in waterbury ct

d_fife

bob's stores in danbury ct

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
bob's in danbury ct on the brookfield line

d_fife

bob's in danbury ct on the brookfield line

bob's sign in danbury ct

d_fife

bob's sign in manchester ct

Marc82

A few years ago before the TJX Corporation bought them Bob's started selling Big & Tall Clothing. Does anyone know if they still do?

d_fife

bob's in middletown Ct in the old bradlees. bob's started around here. bob's had a short lived logo for some reason.

d_fife

bob's in hamden ct in hamden mart.

farmingtonvalleymall

Had a couple of good quality pics to add to this thread, here goes.

Bob's Stores - Manchester, CT

Bob's at the Farmington Valley Mall, Simsbury, CT (1994) Rad old picture showing the Bob's sign over one of the mall entrances, you had to go into the mall to get to the store.

Simsbury store today, it hasn't moved an inch even though the mall is now gone :holysh:

XISMZERO

Wow! Where did you find that Farmington Valley Mall picture? Very nice! I guess I don't remember this mall outside near Bob's too well after all...

All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

farmingtonvalleymall

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
Wow! Where did you find that Farmington Valley Mall picture? Very nice! I guess I don't remember this mall outside near Bob's too well after all...

I took it myself :) and no I wasn't photographing the mall (unfortunately). I was in a photography class in fall '94 and was taking various pictures for whatever assignment we had that week.  I recently browsed through the B&W negatives from that class and was floored to find this. I have zero recollection of taking it or even why I took it but am sure glad I did. Only if I went snap happy all over the the rest of the mall :mad:  There is another that shows a partial view of the Cherry & Web store front. I'll have to scan that one too.

Bdubs

I remember the old Bob's in Manchester.  This was pre-Buckland Mall.  It was located at the corner of...gosh, I can't remember the streets, but it is now a CVS and some professional offices.  Only a few miles away from the now current location.

The old Main St. Bob's in Middletown was always my favorite.  Of course, being the home store, it had this type of old school dept. store feel to it, right up until they moved down the road....5 or so years ago.

Marc82

I went to Bob's in Waterbury several months ago. I don't see how they stay open. A lot of stuff is expensive.

TRU7536

Quote from: Marc B on February 28, 2010, 10:08:14 PM
I went to Bob's in Waterbury several months ago. I don't see how they stay open. A lot of stuff is expensive.

I see them going out of business soon. If TJ Maxx Corp. got rid of them due to poor sales, theirs a problem.

ynkeesfn82

Everyone knows that currently BOB's Stores in Waterbury, Connecticut is located in the Naugatuck Valley Shopping Center at 920 Wolcott Street - the plaza the built on the site of the Naugatuck Valley Mall.

My memory seems to think they were located somewhere else in Waterbury before they opened in the Naugatuck Valley Shopping Center. Is my memory correct? And if so where were they located in Waterbury before?

standa

I think they were in the Waterbury Plaza (shopping center that has Stop & Shop and Target)

scottw73

Quote from: standa on January 27, 2015, 09:10:47 PM
I think they were in the Waterbury Plaza (shopping center that has Stop & Shop and Target)

You're right, they were still known as Bob's Surplus then

retailisking

giantsfan2016

Bob's Stores is facing bankruptcy again. They're owned by the same capital management firm that owned The Wet Seal chain.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/26/several-retail-chains-on-verge-of-bankruptcy-after-poor-holiday-sales/

retailisking

Quote from: Marc B on January 28, 2017, 08:56:24 AM
Bob's Stores is facing bankruptcy again. They're owned by the same capital management firm that owned The Wet Seal chain.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/26/several-retail-chains-on-verge-of-bankruptcy-after-poor-holiday-sales/

Can't say I'm surprised. They had a good niche a generation or so ago, but time has passed them by. If TJX couldn't make a go of it, nobody can. bob's is owned by Versa Capital, which in addition to Wet Seal (undergoing liquidation) also owns EMS (in the same boat as bob's.)