Sun Electronics

Started by tokensafari, July 23, 2005, 02:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tokensafari

Has anyone ever heard of this chains? They built a store across from the Huntington Mall and was a like a circuit city or BEst Buy. A year or so after building the store they went bankrupt.

Jag67

I remember them. They opened a store near where we used to live in the early 90's. It closed around 1995 maybe, then reopened about a year later, then closed about year later. They had 2 local locations that I know of. One was spit in two a few years after it closed and became a Brand Names and Zany Brainy (Both have since closed) while the other became a Media Play.

XDeSuEhTX

Yes, it opened quite some time ago, and didn't stay long. Now though, I wish it did. Because there is no electronics store in my area...
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

LazarusFan

SUN electornics was a electornic store most of them were centered in the Columbus area.  However, the company went bankrupt.  However, most SUN stores around the Columbus area were replaced by Indianapolis electronic chain H.H.Gregg within a year after SUN closed.

The Huntington store was replaced by Linen & Things.

Anonymous

We had a Sun store in Lima, OH.  It was a nice store, but it didn't last too long.  Later, it became an Office Depot which we still have today.  I also can remember one when we went to Hocking Hills (Ohio's state parks) in Lancaster.  I think it turned into a Best Buy.

Anonymous

I had a bad experience with Sun.  I think this could have been the beginning of the end.  This was the Niles, OH store, now a carpet outlet.

My mother wanted to buy two new TV sets.  We saw the ad from Sun in the paper.  It was for an RCA 19" remote control set.  It was an el-cheapo, which is what she wanted (my old restored round screen set wasn't good enough).

We went to the store and were promptly informed that they sold out and the salesman tried to push us toward a much more expensive model.  I started informing the salesman in a projecting voice (not shouting, but enough where others could hear) that that was bait and switch.

I don't know if other salespeople used bait and switch, or of this salesman was telling the truth.  The clue I got was when we told the salesman what we wanted.  He paused and was like " Uh.... Those are sold out.  We have this one."

The Niles store closed with the chain.

Pikapower

I think there was a Sun Electronics (or was it a Sun TV?) store in Cheektowaga, NY on Walden Ave., it became a Media Play and it's now an Oille's Bargain Outlet.
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

jason83080

* Middleburg Heights, Ohio - across from the Southland Plaza, across the street from Marc's; was vacant; now demolished

* North Olmsted, Ohio - shared a plaza with OfficeMax and TJ Maxx; now Golf Galaxy

* Elyria, Ohio - River Street Square plaza (you can still see the sign with the sunburst styling); subdivided into Deal$ (now closed), Avenue, and Buffalo Wild Wings

I don't think Parmatown Mall had a Sun TV. If they DID, I can't - for the life of me - think of where it would have been. Odds are, unless the building was razed for something else, it'd still be sitting there vacant.