Warner Bros. Studio Store

Started by d_fife, July 18, 2005, 10:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

I LOVED THIS STORE ALOT!!!!!!!!1

There was one in the Maine mall for 3 years (1995-1998),

In mas the stores were in the Boston prudential center and Fanual hall, Braintree South shore, Burlington mall, peabody north shore mall, natick mall,

Providence Place was going to get one I HEARD. There were only 150 stores and NONE in NH.

They had a daffy duck at the entrance, and wooden floors and wooden displays for merchandise, and space pods and screens, it was pretty much like the disney store, only classier

The chain closed early 2001. it started in 1991. About the chain, eeebebebeb thats all folks! I wish that was not all. I MISS THAT CHAIN!!

Jag67

I used to love that store too. We had one in the Walden Galleria from 1989 untill 1999 or 2000. Today its a finish line. I used to love the "rocket ship" in the back of the store.

LazarusFan

The Warner Brother Studio Store closed in early 2001 due to the effects of the Time Warner/AOL merger.  They used to sell stuff on QVC.

amesman

There was a store at Crossgates Mall in Albany as well. Jag, I too loved the rocket ship in the back of the store. The Crossgates store closed in 2000, I beleive. I also remember going to the Walden Galleria store, but I only went to that one once.

HoJofan206

Agree with you all, I liked this store as well.  In fact, I liked it much better than the Disney store! :roll:

thedisneystore967

*Falls to floor and faints after reading HoJoFan's comment!!!!*

How Could You???

You betrayed me. I thought I could trust you.

I guess not.

powersbt

QuoteOriginally posted by thedisneystore967
*Falls to floor and faints after reading HoJoFan's comment!!!!*

How Could You???

You betrayed me. I thought I could trust you.

I guess not.

Don't Worry, I still got your back Disney!! :mrpink:

Marc82

I liked the WB Studio Store. The only one in Connecticut was at the Danbury Fair Mall, so my family and I didn't got there very often. It was like an hour or so drive from Bristol. That was the only store I liked at the Danbury Fair Mall.

HoJofan206

You can trust me Disney, its just that I grew up on Bugs Bunny and Yo Sammity Sam more than the Disney characters, its just a personal preference.  I do like Disney, just not the same memories as Saturday morning cartoons with the ACME company.  :-)

powersbt

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
You can trust me Disney, its just that I grew up on Bugs Bunny and Yo Sammity Sam more than the Disney characters, its just a personal preference.  I do like Disney, just not the same memories as Saturday morning cartoons with the ACME company.  :-)

"Ehhhhh, What's up Doc??"
"Awwwright you screwy Varmit!! I'ma gonna count to 3 'fore I blast ya one!!"

Hudsons81

Sorry for the bump...

I own a bean-bag plushie of Dino from The Flintstones that still has a WB Studio Store price tag (from 1998, BTW). It was purchased in early 2012 from the now-defunct Hodge Podge gift shop at Southland Center in Taylor, MI, so there might've been at least one WB Studio Store in southeastern Michigan (I believe at either Fairlane Town Center, Twelve Oaks Mall or Lakeside Mall), but I know that there was no store in Southland Center in 1998.

Pikapower

The WB store used to have a little spaceship play area!
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

ynkeesfn82

I also remember when they sold their products on The QVC shopping network.  That was good for people who didn't live near a store like my family. The closest one to where I live was more than an hour away.

TheFugitive

Having children who were young in the mid-90's,  the WB Studio Store plus the
Disney Store were putting a serious crimp in my bank account.

Hudsons81

Here's a virtual Sketchup recreation (not by me, BTW, I downloaded it somewhere) of the WB Studio Store inside the World Trade Center-BTW, Thursday will mark the 13th anniversary of that unforgettable day.

MikeRa

Quote from: Jag67 on July 19, 2005, 07:28:21 AM
I used to love that store too. We had one in the Walden Galleria from 1989 untill 1999 or 2000. Today its a finish line. I used to love the "rocket ship" in the back of the store.
There used to be a Warner Brothers Studio store in Philadelphia at the Liberty Plaza Complex.  This complex replaced the former Sameric's Duke & Duchess Theatre, the former William Goldman/Budco/AMc Regency Theatre, and other 19th and early to mid 20th century structures on Chestnut Street, Market Street, 16th Street, and 17th Street.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Pikapower

I think the Warner Bros. Studio Store should make a comeback to malls and shopping centers.
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Pikapower on May 24, 2015, 08:22:29 AM
I think the Warner Bros. Studio Store should make a comeback to malls and shopping centers.

You are right. And if they ever brought the chain back I would want one at my local Westfield Meriden Sqaure Mall in Meriden, CT There was only one in Connecticut and it was at the Danbury Fair Mall in Danbury the last time around.

On a related note the senior community where my Mom lives is having a Yard Sale in a few weeks. I'm selling a small TAZ that I bought many years back at the Warner Bros. Studio Store in Danbury.

Hudsons81

Updating a previous reply of mine to this thread-after digging through a Facebook photo gallery I can confirm that there were WB Studio Stores in the Detroit area. Southland Center never had one, so the closest one to me was at Fairlane Town Center in Dearborn, which was a further drive away. There was also one at Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi.