Chick-fil-a

Started by storehistoryguy, July 18, 2005, 04:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesway_95

This has recently become my favorite fast food restaurant. Great, fresh-tasting food and the nicest staff I've ever encountered at a fast food place.

ynkeesfn82

They want to build in Wallingford, Connecticut where Midas Mufflers is currently located on North Colony Road (Route 5).

http://www.myrecordjournal.com/wallingford/wallingfordnews/2282016-129/chick-fil-a-could-be-coming-to-wallingford.html

bubcolbert1952

Quote from: Caldor1999 on July 31, 2012, 12:36:36 AM
Quote from: JimSawhill on July 28, 2012, 02:43:08 PM
Quote from: Caldor1999 on July 23, 2012, 08:15:28 PM
Quote from: retailisking on January 28, 2011, 05:10:44 PM
Actually there are Chick-fil-A locations at the Northshore Mall in Peabody and at the Burlington Mall.  The Pheasant Lane Mall in Nashua NH has one too.  But those are the only ones in New England.  There's a mess of them in the Mid-Atlantic states but they are disproportionately on-campus locations.
they closed a handfull of on campus locations and they have been in the news alot recently

On the news because of their FAITH...Great Food and classy people!! Any in Connecticut, yet?

eh i don't care for chicken or their beliefs so you wont see me eating at one anytime soon

Why do you care that much about their beliefs?

JimSawhill

Quote from: bubcolbert1952 on January 11, 2014, 09:44:34 PM
Actually there are Chick-fil-A locations at the Northshore Mall in Peabody and at the Burlington Mall.  The Pheasant Lane Mall in Nashua NH has one too.  But those are the only ones in New England.  There's a mess of them in the Mid-Atlantic states but they are disproportionately on-campus locations.
they closed a handfull of on campus locations and they have been in the news alot recently

On the news because of their FAITH...Great Food and classy people!! Any in Connecticut, yet?

eh i don't care for chicken or their beliefs so you wont see me eating at one anytime soon

Because, they have the RIGHT to have their beliefs?

bubcolbert1952

Actually I was asking Caldor1999.

zonemad96

Why wouldn't you care about their beliefs? If the CEO of a company went around saying that white is a superior race and all African Americans are below Caucasians would you still buy their products and help pay their paycheck?

To be honest this place was my second favorite fast food restaurant but once I found out about the supporting of anti-gay organizations and anti-gay comments made by their ceo I refuse to go their now. They have the right to their beliefs however I'm not going to buy anything from a company that used the money it made from it's customers to support a hateful agenda.

Caldor1999

Quote from: zonemad96 on January 27, 2014, 12:12:49 AM

Why wouldn't you care about their beliefs? If the CEO of a company went around saying that white is a superior race and all African Americans are below Caucasians would you still buy their products and help pay their paycheck?

To be honest this place was my second favorite fast food restaurant but once I found out about the supporting of anti-gay organizations and anti-gay comments made by their ceo I refuse to go their now. They have the right to their beliefs however I'm not going to buy anything from a company that used the money it made from it's customers to support a hateful agenda.

i didnt even notice that he was asking me. lol Pretty much this is the reason why i dont go there i dont agree with the comments he made and i choose not to spend my money there. Also its not like i can anyway we dont have any Chick-fil-a's near were i live
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

retailisking

Is it possible that we can steer this conversation back to the restaurants themselves? Thanks...

standa

I read that one may be built in Hamden, CT on land that was previously a Chrysler dealership.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: standa on January 27, 2014, 09:31:52 AM
I read that one may be built in Hamden, CT on land that was previously a Chrysler dealership.

It would be nice if they came to Bristol, CT. The old Checker's would be a good spot.

ynkeesfn82

TheFugitive

Their food is great, but the one near me is so crowded I rarely go there.
I have actually seen the line of cars at their drive-thru lap itself!

No way I can get in and out and back to work in time from lunch.

ynkeesfn82

ynkeesfn82

Brookfield, Connecticut just opened a few weeks ago. Now Wallingford (on Route 5) and Danbury (in the Danbury Fair Mall) open on November 6th.

MikeRa

We have 2 Chick-fil-a that are less than a 1/2 mile from each other in Bensalem, PA, only seperated by US Route 1.

The first is located inside Neshaminy Mall.  this location has been opened sice at least the 1980's.

The second location is on Horizion Blvd.  It is a modern day stand alone store, and opened at the same time the Horizion Center itself opened.  the Horizion Center is built on the site of Eastern State Hospital.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

ynkeesfn82

Nothing official yet as nothing has been filed with the town, but there's a rumor that they're going to put one on Queen Street in Southington, Connecticut in a new development planned for next to 7-Eleven.

They're are also talking about putting one on Universal Drive in North Haven, Connecticut where the Rave movie theater used to be. Cinemark built a new movie theater on the property that just opened and they demolished the old one.

Zayre88

retailisking

Quote from: Zayre88 on August 09, 2015, 07:30:07 AM
Quote from: retailisking on July 29, 2015, 01:18:35 AM
Bangor will get them first
http://bangordailynews.com/2015/07/28/news/bangor/chick-fil-a-to-open-restaurant-in-bangor-in-2016/

Great news!

They should try to convert the soon-to-close Arby's, it would probably happen sooner than late 2016

CFA tends to favor new builds in new markets. I think the Arby's franchise owner balked at the corporate refresh mandate, which hastened his "retirement." It appears to have scared away potential buyers as well, as they closed without a new franchisee in place.

MikeRa

Went to the Chick-fil-a at Voorhees Town Center a couple of Thursday ago.  it is located in the food court, and it has it's own seating area
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

TheFugitive

Quote from: MikeRa on August 09, 2015, 09:34:26 PM
Went to the Chick-fil-a at Voorhees Town Center a couple of Thursday ago.  it is located in the food court, and it has it's own seating area

Chick-fil-A was in the food court at Century III Mall from it's opening until about eight or nine years ago,
when it moved into a failed Krispy Kreme location down on Route 51 in front of the Southland Shopping Center.  For years this was the only CFA in the greater Pittsburgh area.

Bdubs

The first Chick-Fil-A on the Eastern side of CT is slated to open up in Mohegan Sun this weekend.

giantsfan2016

An article on the Meriden-Record Journal's website confirms the Southington, CT Chick Fil-A will open January 8th, 2018. The article was about the progress of the new development that also includes an Aldi, a Chipotle, and ugh another Urgent Care Center.

giantsfan2016

Quote from: Brammy on August 15, 2017, 08:49:52 PM
An article on the Meriden-Record Journal's website confirms the Southington, CT Chick Fil-A will open January 8th, 2018. The article was about the progress of the new development that also includes an Aldi, a Chipotle, and ugh another Urgent Care Center.

Opens Thursday January 11th.