Popeye's Chicken

Started by d_fife, July 18, 2005, 04:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

Popeye's chicken is another fast food place. THEIR CHICKEN IS TOO SPICEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They closed the one in the PHeasant Lane mall 10 years ago and I heard they closed the one in the Arsenal mall in watertown.

There is one on Rt. 95 on the Resturant area in Kennebunk, near it is TCBY, Burger King and Mobil, and on the other side of the highway is Burger king mobile and Sbarro.

HoJofan206

Brand new Evansville IN location

HoJofan206

Roadside sign in Evansville IN

ameskmart1

As of February 2005 they have 1,823 locations
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

BillyGr

This is one of the 3 locations in the area - this one is in Albany on Central Ave (in plaza with Hannaford, CVS) - across from Westgate.

Fairly small store - limited seating - has been there about 3 or 4 years (give or take).

The others are in Schnectady (State St.) and Troy (Hoosick St.) - this was the original, and for quite some time only, one in the Albany area.

d_fife

the one in hartford ct near the charter oak marketplace (wal-mart, marshalls)

d_fife

hamden ct popeye's/.

Marc82

Supposedly there's one at the Truck Stop - Travel Center of America on Route 322 in Southington (I-84 Exit 28).

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
Supposedly there's one at the Truck Stop - Travel Center of America on Route 322 in Southington (I-84 Exit 28).

i did not see it on the locator.

HoJofan206

BRAND NEW location about to open in Evansville Indiana.  The signage can be seen on the side of the building.  Anyone looking for a job??  :tumble:

HoJofan206

I always remember those catchy commercials from back in the 1980's, "Love that chicken from Popeyes!"  Anyone remember that?

HoJofan206

Even SUPER GIRL loves that chicken from Popeyes!!  :insane:

HoJofan206

Popeye's Chicken Employee visor.......

HoJofan206

Some authentic Popeyes Cajun Spices to go!

HoJofan206

Here is an OLD CLASSIC Popeye's location. :roll:

HoJofan206

And here is a brand new 2007 version of a Popeye's.

HoJofan206

This is in New Orleans so I am not sure if it went out of business or if hurricane Katrina caused this.  :huh:

Mervyns

Popeyes is now called Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen.

C. Fontaine

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
This is in New Orleans so I am not sure if it went out of business or if hurricane Katrina caused this.  :huh:
That looks like a hurricane b/u.

gu4ever

The Popeye's street sign in Troy, NY on route 7.
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

gu4ever

I stopped on my way home and took a photo of this Popeye's restaurant in Troy, NY on route 7.
I haven't seen a Popeye's for years now. There was a location open in Nashua, NH on route 101-A back in the 80's it lasted maybe 3 or 4 years.
Mmmm Mmm,  they had cajun rice, spicy chicken and buttermilk biscuits.
Here's a link to the birds eye view of the former Nashua location, now renovated into a Dunkin Donuts.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=r3ypz09161jn&style=b&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&scene=14190392&encType=1
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

MikeRa

The only two Popeyes in the Philadelphia area that I'm aware of are:

[list=1]
  • Street Road, west of Knights Road, in Bensalem, PA
  • The Gallery, lower level, near SEPTA's Market East Station, Philadelphia, PA
  • [/list=1]
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Zayre88

Apparently their branding is now Popeyes Louisiana chicken.

Here's a location in Toronto with "Chicken & Seafood"

nims57

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeRa
The only two Popeyes in the Philadelphia area that I'm aware of are:

[list=1]
  • Street Road, west of Knights Road, in Bensalem, PA
  • The Gallery, lower level, near SEPTA's Market East Station, Philadelphia, PA
  • [/list=1]

Notable Popeyes in the Philadelphia area:

1. Broomall, PA: It opened in 2002 in the corner of Lawrence Park Shopping Center. Was a former Manhattan Bagel.

2. Upper Darby, PA: Almost inside the United Artists theater.

3. Bala Cynwyd: I remember one somewhere around Bala Cynwyd. This one had an interesting "mural" on the outside and the old logo.

4. West Philadelphia: Opened late last year on the site of a former Mobil station. There used to be an older one down the road. It was torn down for an addition to St. Josephs.

5. Southwest Philadelphia: shopping center store, Penrose Plaza.

6. Baltimore: There are several Popeyes in Baltimore. A few have the old logo. One is in the Chesapeake House travel plaza.

EddieJ1984

webcookie

The Popeyes that went up on Dolson Avenue in Middletown, NY (replaced the Pizza Hut) has now been shuttered without any warning.
Before there was Wal-Mart...
Caldor, Zayre, Woolworth, Bradlees, K-Mart, & Ames ruled the Earth.

ynkeesfn82

They opened a Popeye's in Waterbury, Connecticut in the Mattatuck Plaza on Wolcott Street (Route 69). The Plaza with Big Lots, Savers, and Chuck E Cheese. They took over part of the old Hollywood Video.

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

I love both Popeye's Chicken as well as Church's Chicken. They are both my favorite fast food chicken restaurants. I used to go to KFC, but I no longer go there now. KFC's quality is low in my opinion. Not only that, but they keep changing their recipes on their green beans. Every couple of years their recipe for their green beans changes. It irritates me that can't find just one recipe that they like and continue with it.

As for Popeye's & Church's Chicken the quality at both places is very high and I love the taste and quality of the food at both places. I have been going to both places since I was 18 right after my graduation in high school and will continue to go to both places to this day.

I do however hope that the Popeye's Chicken in my area continues to stay open and operate, due to the fact that it is the only Popeye's Chicken in my area.

retailisking

I remember going to Popeye's Fried Chicken in Plaistow, NH back around the time Rally's had a presence in the area. That location went away, but Popeye's never entirely left the region (there was that location at the Kennebunk, ME service area on the Maine Turnpike.) But now they're working their way back to Northern New England for real, starting with this location in Salem, NH that will open in the next few days:
http://www.eagletribune.com/newhampshire/x1746069147/Popeyes-to-open-in-Salem-next-week

Alas, this former KFC was co-branded with A&W, so that's it for the root-beer-and-burgers chain in Maine and NH. :Sad:

ynkeesfn82

Popeye's is opening in New Britain, Connecticut on West Main Street in one of the old Taco Bell's in town. The building is currently an automotive place which is relocating. The other former Taco Bell on East Main remains empty.

http://newbritainherald.com/articles/2014/05/11/news/doc536ec78e7bfeb076620173.txt