Dairy Queen

Started by storehistoryguy, July 18, 2005, 08:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

storehistoryguy

Ahhhhh!!!!! I love Dairy Queen! I have known dozens. There is a very small one near me in a small shopping center. There was one that was in Harleysville Pa., heaven! They had an eat in dining room and a small arcade downstairs with some basketball and skee ball and a few others, good for parties and around back was mini golf! :roll: That one opened in 1972 and closed in 2003 to make way for another Commerce Bank. (Now this is the part where I start cursing.) They knocked down the building, dug out the mini golf for yet another Commerce Bank. :mad::mad::mad::flaming::flaming::flaming::(:(:(

store215

Ugh! I can't stand Commerce Bank either.

Storehistoryguy, have you noticed the only things being constructed in the Philly area have been Walgreens, Commerce Bank, and Dunkin Donuts?

In Southampton, PA, they knocked down an old Exxon station and I guessed it would become a Commerce Bank, and sure enough, two weeks later the coming soon sign went up:mad:

(They do have free "coinstar-like" machines, which is the only time I go there when I have lots of change)

Anyway, back on topic, I like Dairy Queen too, but there are no "full service" Dairy Queens nearby except Doylestown and I dont go there too often

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
Ugh! I can't stand Commerce Bank either.

Storehistoryguy, have you noticed the only things being constructed in the Philly area have been Walgreens, Commerce Bank, and Dunkin Donuts?

In Southampton, PA, they knocked down an old Exxon station and I guessed it would become a Commerce Bank, and sure enough, two weeks later the coming soon sign went up:mad:

(They do have free "coinstar-like" machines, which is the only time I go there when I have lots of change)

Anyway, back on topic, I like Dairy Queen too, but there are no "full service" Dairy Queens nearby except Doylestown and I dont go there too often

The stores I say would be popping up the most would be Commerce Bank, CVS and Lowe's. The one in Doylestown, you mean the one with the drive-thru?

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
mmmm. Dairy Queen mine used to be open in Torrington but its closed indefinately:(

WHAT I HATE ABOUT DAIRY QUEEN IS THAt they have outdoor eating areas, and the misquitos are a nuicence and would bug you and literrarly eat you.

a couple weeks ago I saw a closed Dairy Queen in HAverhill mass, and a building in plaistow NH that looked like a Dairy Queen. I saw that the Dairy Queen in Exeter is no longer there. 10 yeras ago the DAiry Queen in Concord NH became Arnie's place (it sold ice cream), the one in the Mt. Valley mall in North conway Nh closed years ago.

Dairy Queen still exists in SAco and Biddeford (an indoor eeating area) Maine, and LAconia and Tilton NH (Both outdoor eating), Manchester NH, NAshua NH, Bellingham Mass,

I wonder what other Dairy Queens closed!

Zayre88

There is also a Dairy Queen in Waterville ME.  Last year, i saw a building in Seabrook NH that looked a lot like a Dairy Queen. On route 286

Jag67

Theres still many, many old Dairy Queens still open.  In fact ALL of our local Dariy Queens except one were built in the 60's (Some still have the orginal signage) and have only outdoor seating. I love the old stand-up locations. They make you feel like youre going back in time...

Anybody remember Dennis the Menace at Dairy Queen?? He was Dairy Queen's mascot from 1972 until 2002.

LazarusFan

Did at one time, Dairy Queen almost closed all of its stores until someone saved the company?

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by LazarusFan
Did at one time, Dairy Queen almost closed all of its stores until someone saved the company?

I didn't hear of it.

amesman

There are a few Dairy Queens in the Albany area, but manily in malls though, along with Orange Julius. There is a DQ in Poughkeepsie too. There used to be one in Saugerties, NY as well, but it closed a couple years ago..

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
There are a few Dairy Queens in the Albany area, but manily in malls though, along with Orange Julius. There is a DQ in Poughkeepsie too. There used to be one in Saugerties, NY as well, but it closed a couple years ago..

lucky u we have no DQ hear
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
Checkout DQ's ads they're hirarious!:insane:

http://www.dairyqueen.com/en-US/DQ+Ads/default.htm

My mother always liked the basketball one. :insane: They don't have that one on anymore.

amesman

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
QuoteOriginally posted by amesman

lucky u we have no DQ hear

Not lucky me :P...the closest Dairy Queen to me is Poughkeepsie, and then there are the Albany ones..

LazarusFan

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
QuoteOriginally posted by LazarusFan

I didn't hear of it.

I thought I heard someone saying that there was a white knight who saved the company.:huh:

shakethis1234

why did Dairy Queen Close a lot of their stores in New York

storehistoryguy

I just tryed there chicken basket today and man was it good. Mmmmmmmmm Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P The commercials for it are funny too. :insane:

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

Whats with the sign in the back? The left is stretched out.

http://www.sowerbysells.com/

Zayre88

Newly opened DQ in Quebec City

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

An old Dairy Queen coupon. Worth $.10! What a bargain! :insane:

http://www.toyadz.com/toyadz/food/dairyqueen1.html

AmesNewington

The Dairy Queens in my area are basically the small seasonal ice cream shops that individuals own. They are stand outside restaurants only.