dq old town / orono me

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

dairy queen in ashtabula oh

HoJofan206

d_fife

webcookie

There are two Dairy Queens still open around here that I know of, in Poughkeepsie, NY and Montague, NJ. I went to the one in Montague a few months ago and it felt incredibly old. It has a small seating area inside. The one in Middletown, NY is a laundromat now but I still call it the Dairy Queen. I'll see about getting pictures at some point.
Before there was Wal-Mart...
Caldor, Zayre, Woolworth, Bradlees, K-Mart, & Ames ruled the Earth.

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
DQ in auburn me

looks like a former wendy's

Whoser

There's a new Dairy Queen in the Waterford Crystal Mall food court.

mikey7290

There were several Dairy Queens that used to be located in Northern New York years ago.  The former Watertown NY location on Arsenal Street has been a Kost Tire for the past few years, the former DQ in Gouverneur on East Main Street was torn down for a credit union and the former DQ in Potsdam was torn down for an AutoZone store.  The DQ locations in Canton on Gouverneur Street (Route 11) and in Massena off Route 37 are still open in summer only.  Here's the former Dairy Queen in Ogdensburg, NY.  It was located at 700 Canton Street.  It closed in the late 1980s or early 1990s and was torn down in the late 1990s to make room for a new Kinney Drugs store.

FearlessSwan

Largo, FL current location

Former location (I think). Now a chiropractor's office. Has also served as a thrift store and a dance studio in the time I've lived here.

FearlessSwan

The town where I grew up, Stamford, CT, at one time had three DQs. Only one, the top one in the picture, is the only one that still survives as a Dairy Queen.  It's of the outdoor seating, seasonally-open variety. I believe the other two were both the full-service year-round kind.

The middle one became a Chinese take-out place, and the bottom one became a mom and pop burger place then spent a few years of vacancy before a Dunkin' Donuts opened up on the site.

rjstheiv

DQ on Route 51. THis picture is from 1999. It has changed a lot since then.

http://www2.county.allegheny.pa.us/RealEstate/Search.aspx

rjstheiv

Dairy Queen in West Mifflin PA.

FearlessSwan

My local Dairy Queen in Largo, FL has been repainted and given modern DQ signage. I wonder if they also redid the interior.

gu4ever

Here's a picture of the Dairy Queen in Tilton, NH.
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

gu4ever

UPDATE: In the photo you can see the road sign has been updated with a newer version of the Dairy Queen sign. Thanks to Nim57, this particuliar sign was used from 2001 to 2005.

nims57

QuoteOriginally posted by gu4ever
The street sign is sporting the new DQ logo.

Actually that is not the latest logo. It was only used 2001-2005 according to Wikipedia.

d_fife has a photo of this one on page 4. Good to see a "Brazier" still operating.

Marc82

The DQ at the Brass Mill Mall in Waterbury, CT is shared space with an Orange Julius.

The Adamantium Elbow

I like the Dairy Queen in Delmont,PA. They do car cruises over the weekend during the summer. That one's open all year round although there are some in the area that do close for the winter.

gu4ever

This is the DQ street sign on Second St in Manchester, it was replaced earlier this year from the original "Dairy Queen" sign.

gu4ever

Dairy Queen on route 28 in North Reading, MA.

gu4ever

A classic sign on route 28 in North Reading, MA.

buzz86us

the two that I know of and have eaten at are gone now the one in Saugerties NY is gone as is the one in Lake George NY. I won a Dairy Queen giftcard for $20 a while back but I could only buy Orange Jullius because the shop that did ice cream only in the same mall closed down. Now the closest Dairy Queen to me is 30 miles away in some obscure town called Ghent. Did you know that Dairy Queen is one of the only restaurants that don't have a location in New York City you have to go to New Jersey UGH

BillyGr

Quote from: buzz86us on April 11, 2012, 09:27:18 PM
the two that I know of and have eaten at are gone now the one in Saugerties NY is gone as is the one in Lake George NY. I won a Dairy Queen giftcard for $20 a while back but I could only buy Orange Jullius because the shop that did ice cream only in the same mall closed down. Now the closest Dairy Queen to me is 30 miles away in some obscure town called Ghent. Did you know that Dairy Queen is one of the only restaurants that don't have a location in New York City you have to go to New Jersey UGH

I'm guessing you mean in Crossgates (where the DQ closed - both DQ and OJ were side by side, then they opened the current OJ in a different part of the mall, then closed both the others)?

Ghent is not completely obscure - it's the home of the Columbia County Fairgrounds - usually called the Chatham Fair, but while the grounds lie in the VILLAGE of Chatham, they are in the TOWN of Ghent (just to confuse everyone, I guess).  Or at least not for those of us within the county ;)

It is, though a small town and the DQ (which has ice cream, food and added OJ recently) is the only "fast food" type place, which is probably why it sticks around.

There were others at one time - Hudson, now Davi's which is a very similar place with ice cream and food, though in between it was a pharmacy and a used car sales area being the next closest.

The other two current ones I can think of are farther down in Dutchess County - Hyde Park and Wappingers or Fishkill (never can be sure where one ends and the other begins).

nysw3636

A new DQ Grill & Chill and Orange Julius will open in July on Dolson Ave (behind Quick Chek) in Middletown, NY.

JimSawhill

Manchester, CT had two DQs - one was on Broat Street and the other was on Hartford Road. East Hartford  has a DQ  on Main Street near the Coke plant that moved from its 'barn' store around 2003. Are they still around? Another DQ was on Rt 66 in Portland in an shopping center.

Bdubs

Quote from: JimSawhill on April 24, 2013, 08:19:57 AM
Manchester, CT had two DQs - one was on Broat Street and the other was on Hartford Road. East Hartford  has a DQ  on Main Street near the Coke plant that moved from its 'barn' store around 2003. Are they still around? Another DQ was on Rt 66 in Portland in an shopping center.

The East Hartford one is still there last I was in the area. Portland just had a remodel a couple years ago, and there is a Grill n Chill now in Cromwell in the Kmart parking lot, closer to the grocery store side.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Bdubs on April 24, 2013, 07:06:21 PM

The East Hartford one is still there last I was in the area. Portland just had a remodel a couple years ago, and there is a Grill n Chill now in Cromwell in the Kmart parking lot, closer to the grocery store side.

A Grill n Chill??? What is that???

AmesNewington

Quote from: JimSawhill on May 09, 2013, 11:26:54 AM
Quote from: Bdubs on April 24, 2013, 07:06:21 PM

A Grill n Chill??? What is that???

It's a larger version of DQ with both ice cream and food (burgers, etc) and there is seating both inside and outside. There is a drive thru as well.