Dairy Queen

Started by storehistoryguy, July 18, 2005, 08:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

storehistoryguy

What hapened to this sign in Askum, IL.!?!? :holysh:

http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/lecentre/dq.html

d_fife

the building with the white back is Dairy Queen in SOuth portland. it is probably temporarily closed.

d_fife

dairy queen is next to the building with the triangle roof and it is the bulding next to  the building with the triangle roof.

d_fife

here is the dairy queen in augusta maine on bangor st

d_fife

HoJofan206

BillyGr

The first is the location in Hyde Park on Route 9 (just north of the FDR site).  Exterior service and drive thru only (no seating inside).

Second is the (Former) location in Saugerties on Route 32/212 - has been closed for a couple or three years.

Third is an oldie in Pittsfield (MA) on Route 8.  It was open a couple years ago (though not using the DQ name) - I believe they had covered the sign with other signage (the inset is a closer loos at the sign).

Fourth (left) is a location on Route 8 just south of North Adams (MA).  I never saw this one as a DQ (again it had been, and may still be, used as an independent ice cream place) but it sure likes like one.

Last is the one in Ghent (NY - between Chatham and Hudson) on Route 66 (no, not the famous one!).  This one is still open, features a walk up window and inside ordering/seating areas.  For some reason they still close in Jan/Feb (not sure why since there are NO other fast food places in that area so I'd think they would still do enough business on that end).

That is all the ones I know of in this area (except one in Hudson that has been closed for a LOOOONGGG time and one small one further south on 9 (Wappingers, I think?) - though they may have opened a couple in the malls.

BillyGr

This is the Dairy Queen on Route 7/23 in the West End section of Oneonta.

It appears to be an outside service only location.

d_fife

dairy queen in cromwell ct in kmart plaza parking lot

d_fife

dairy queen in south portland me

d_fife

dairy queen in wells me

d_fife

dairy queen in biddeford me

d_fife

dairy queen in saco me

d_fife

DQ in tilton nh (I hate how you have to eat outside a lot of dairy queens because of getting bit by misquiotes)

d_fife

dairy queen in laconia nh. (I had a problem with this dairy queen in 1992, when I went to get the rock-a-doodle movie happy meal prize, the cashier did not know what I was talking about and my dad did not like that, I find that inexcusable of them not knowing the happy meal prize as it is part of their advertising and promotion, it seems in these places all they see their jobs as is putting burgers on trays and filling drinks, since every so often I colelct the happy meal prize of of something I like and if that happens to me in the future I will go to the manager).

dave

Does anyone have older photos of Dairy Queen in Massachusetts?

d_fife

DQ in old orchard beach me

d_fife

d_fife