Uno Chicago Grill

Started by storehistoryguy, July 16, 2005, 12:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

storehistoryguy

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greatest Chicago pizza ever there! That is my favorite restuarant where they serve you, like with a waiter/waitress. Wendy's is my favorite fast food restuarant though.:D

C. Fontaine

Yes, I'll admit, this place does beat Papa Ginos pizza!:yup:

store215

Ya, for Pizza Uno is pretty good, but I have always found other stuff on their menu to be so-so.

Zayre88

Their pizza is very good !  I go there for the pizza.

As for the rest of the menu, it's available at every other "neighborhood casual dining restaurant bar & grill"

storehistoryguy

My favorite is the deep dish veggie pizza. Mmmmmmm Mmmmmmmmmm!!!!! :roll:

Caldor1999

i just ate there todau for the first time there food is sooooo good heh
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

What did you have? What did you put on your comment card?

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

What did you have? What did you put on your comment card?

i ha d a bacion cheese burgger thrtr fries are good to hehe the one i went to was in a office bulding lol
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

storehistoryguy

Here is a picture of the fist Uno's Pizzeria, still in business.:bouncing:

BillyGr

The top photo is the Uno location in Latham (near the Route 2 entrance to Latham Farms).  It was built as Uno a few years back (prior to that the only Uno was one in Crossgates, which had been there since the original mall.

The bottom photo is the Uno (former HoJo) in Poughkeepsie (main street where 44&55 split off).  Can someone please turn the sun down ;);)

amesman

There's also an Uno location in Saratoga Springs. I don't have a picture though :(

amesman

Here's a sunless shot of the Uno(former Hojos) in Poughkeepsie.

d_fife

manchester ct off 84 at the beginning of hte eastern end of the retail area

d_fife

the oen in in west hartford / farmington cT in the westfarms mall.

d_fife

the one in danbury ct in the danbury fair mall on the bottom level below the food court

d_fife

in central valley ny (near harriman and monroe

d_fife

pizzeria uno in tilton

Zayre88

Uno Chicago Grill closed down in january in Newington NH, after only one year !!  

The restaurant was aside a Smokey Bones BBQ that just closed in a round of closings.  The area will get a new Texas Roadhouse soon nearby...

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
the one in danbury ct in the danbury fair mall on the bottom level below the food court
no thats ruby tuseday uno is over by the old filenes and macys
Caldor Forever!

C. Fontaine

Unos is pretty good, my girlfriend works there!  We have a Texas Roadhouse here, its nuts.  There is peanut shells everywhere and they encourage making a mess of the place!

Zayre88

Uno changed their logo recently...

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
Unos is pretty good, my girlfriend works there!  We have a Texas Roadhouse here, its nuts.  There is peanut shells everywhere and they encourage making a mess of the place!

My parents used to tell me Ground Round was once like that: they encouraged throwing peanut shells on the floor. Don't know about you, but that strikes me as cool after the first few but if not cleaned up regularly -- nasty.

Anyway, the UNO at Westfarms Mall is now closed. I heard they are renovating that wing with a new entrance and PF Changs. The UNO has been there for over 15 years.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

amesman

We have an Uno here in Queensbury. Does fairly good I guess. Next to a Sleep Inn, which definitely makes it busy, as well as proximity to Lake George in the summer months.

MikeRa

Uno Chicago Grill in Bensalem, PA, at the Neshaminy Mall (across from Barnes&Noble and Sears)
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

store215

Uno has filed for Chpater 11 Bankruptcy today. They are still operating, but it looks like they have closed down some unprofitable stores recently. I honestly haven't been to one in years, even though there is one that is only 5 minutes from me. There are too many other authentic, local pizza places in the area, and other chain restaurants, they don't really stand out.

nims57

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
Uno has filed for Chpater 11 Bankruptcy today. They are still operating, but it looks like they have closed down some unprofitable stores recently. I honestly haven't been to one in years, even though there is one that is only 5 minutes from me. There are too many other authentic, local pizza places in the area, and other chain restaurants, they don't really stand out.

What? They have a restaurant under construction in Newtown Square. The other day, I noticed what looks like either a CVS or Rite Aid under construction. Not sure which, but most likely CVS. It could be Walgreens too.

BJ's has "Uno Express" pizza now. Before that, it was Pizza Hut Express, and briefly a BJ's brand. BJ's even has partnerships with Uno, Brach's, and I think Welch's for their store brand products. So does Target.

Uno has restaurants in Exton, Conshohocken, and Deptford, NJ that I know of. They have an Uno Express at the airport in Houston too. I wonder when this chain made it big... early 90's?

They are one of my favorite pizza places, along with Pizza Hut for the ambiance. Donato's was another one on the gourmet side. I never tried it, but the one in Eddystone closed. The local pizzerias all seem the same to me... and mediocre.

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by nims57

They are one of my favorite pizza places, along with Pizza Hut for the ambiance. Donato's was another one on the gourmet side. I never tried it, but the one in Eddystone closed. The local pizzerias all seem the same to me... and mediocre.

They used to be a lot better, but they got away from any form of authenticity. (If you notice the restaurants no longer go by "Pizzeria Uno".) They got too carried away trying to be like Applebee's, Ruby Tuesday, and every "mediocre" chain restaurant.

gu4ever

The Uno's on South Willow St in Manchester has closed it's doors for good. This happened last Thursday or Friday. Not really a huge surprise to me, the quality of the food became disgusting and less and less people patronized there. I used to drive by saying how are they still open? Well I guess the economy and poor quality finally caught up with them.
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

MikeRa

Quote from: nims57 on January 20, 2010, 08:09:41 PM
QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321

What? They have a restaurant under construction in Newtown Square. The other day, I noticed what looks like either a CVS or Rite Aid under construction. Not sure which, but most likely CVS. It could be Walgreens too.

BJ's has "Uno Express" pizza now. Before that, it was Pizza Hut Express, and briefly a BJ's brand. BJ's even has partnerships with Uno, Brach's, and I think Welch's for their store brand products. So does Target.

Uno has restaurants in Exton, Conshohocken, and Deptford, NJ that I know of. They have an Uno Express at the airport in Houston too. I wonder when this chain made it big... early 90's?

There are 8 Uno Chicago Grill locations in PA &NJ that are Franchised locations that serves Weyerbacher Big Ern IPA exclusively.  They are all owned by the same Franchisor, and are located in:

• Warington, PA
  • Exton, PA
  • North Wales, PA
  • Bensalem, PA
  • Newtown Square, PA
  • Hamilton, NJ
  • Deptford, NJ
  • Maple Shade, NJ
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"