Started by palooza68, January 07, 2005, 08:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
kohl's construction in auburn me

kohl's construction in auburn me as of march 4, 2006

Marc82

From 2001:

A bizzare Crime has been taking place at the new Kohl's in the Plainville Commons. A guy was arrested for videotaping women's feet.

From the Bristol Press:
http://bristolpress.com/site/index.cfm?newsid=2159953&BRD=1643&PAG=461&dept_id=10486&rfi=8

Zayre88

here is the kohl's in augusta that opened last october. it is in the new part of the augusta marketplace.

Kohl's in Augusta - April 2006

Zayre88

A view of Kohl's in Augusta from the Interstate:

Zayre88

Kohl's construction in Auburn ME

The Kohl's sign in Auburn in june 2006:

Caldor1999

ithink kohls should start ancoring in malls they would help malls bring more bizz and such i mean kohls dose have  afew mall locations but if target dose ti then kohls should too
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

HoJofan206

Evansville Indiana Eastside location

d_fife

kohl's in strongsville ohio (not far from cleveland) near the southpark mall that opened in 1996.

d_fife

kohl's in strongsville ohio (not far from cleveland) near the southpark mall that opened in 1996.

strongsville

d_fife

kohl's in the gone fairview ohio mall

d_fife

kohl's in phillipsburg nj in the mall in the old kmart

d_fife

kohl's in phillipsburg nj in the mall in the old kmart

phillipsburg

standa

Has anyone been to a Kohl's featuring a new exterior design.  I read that those stores also have outdoor seating.  Does it consist of just a few benches  in front of the store or somethning more elaborate?

dmx10101

QuoteOriginally posted by standa
Has anyone been to a Kohl's featuring a new exterior design.  I read that those stores also have outdoor seating.  Does it consist of just a few benches  in front of the store or somethning more elaborate?

I've been to one that just had it's grand opening Wednesday, It's close to the Kohl's I currently work at. The new Kohl's look completely different than the old one inside and out. As far as the outside goes each entrance has big windows now on both sides, the entrances have a kind of canopy to cover the entrance doors and there's an outdoor speaker that plays the music outside, the doors are now all automatic side opening doors. There are seats in the lobby area and outside. The store is so nice that the entire speaker system inside is Bose. Anyways I'll have to get some pic of the exterior next time I go out that way. I didn't have may camera when I went there the other day.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Kmart4life

Kohl's is a very nice store with nice people and it seems like everytime I go in there they always have pretty good clearence sales. Their prices are also pretty reasonable and we almost always find nice clothes for my son. I have had a very good experiance with this store.:yup:

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
Ickkk..I dont like Kohls. Theyre too much like JCPenney and they sell too much clothes and nothing else!!!

That's the same reason I hate Kohl's. I shopped there once and I couldn't find anything but clothes, clothes, and MORE CLOTHES!!!! I don't even think I saw snacks, appliances, or anything a normal department store would sell. If you ask me I would rather have Jamesway, Caldor, or Bradlees, in their place!

Marc82

KOHL's just opened in Waterbury, CT. It's right off the Austin Road Exit of I-84. If I drove the highways I'd go there and get pictures, but since I don't I won't. I'll leave that up to my compadre Nick D.

MikeRa

I wonder where kohl's replaced clover.
Here are the Kohl's that were originally Clover:

[list=1]
  • 8500 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia
  • 229 West Lincoln Highway, Exton, PA
  • 2333 West Main Street, Hatfield, PA
  • 250 West Chester Pike, Haverford, PA
  • 1135 Park City Center, Lancaster, PA
  • Granite Run Mall, Media, PA
  • 405 Baltimore Pike, Springfield, PA
  • 100 Whitehall Mall, Whitehall, PA
  • 301 Marlton Pike (NJ Route 70), Cherry Hill, NJ
  • [/list=1]
    :yup:
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeRa

[list=1]
  • PA Route 611 & PA Route 132, Warrington, PA
  • [/list=1]
So were both Kohl's in Wilmington, DE.

MikeRa

QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeRa

[list=1]
  • PA Route 611 & PA Route 132, Warrington, PA
  • [/list=1]
So were both Kohl's in Wilmington, DE.
I just checked on Warrington PA's Kohl's and found out it was not a Clover.  The Clover in Warrington was demolished and replaced by The Home Depot.

MikeRa

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
All the stores look exactly the same ...  they opened in many former Bradlees and even in a former Ames in NH and you can't tell.

The inside of the stores is nice, clean and bright... like some old Sears should be :P
Kohl's Department Stores was started by the long gone kohl's Supermarket chain.  In 1983, the Kohl's Supermarket chain was spun off of Kohl's Department Stores and sold to The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company (A&P).  a&P has since closed all of the Kohl's Fod Markets and Kohl's Food Empouium stores.

ynkeesfn82

Kohl's will open a store on The Berlin Tunrpike in Berlin, Connecticut during the Summer of 2012. It will be located in Home Depot Plaza most likely taking part of the former Sam's Club, which built a larger store further up The Berlin Turnpike on the Newington side in 2009.

TRU7536

Quote from: Marc B on January 15, 2012, 10:28:07 PM
Kohl's will open a store on The Berlin Tunrpike in Berlin, Connecticut during the Summer of 2012. It will be located in Home Depot Plaza most likely taking part of the former Sam's Club, which built a larger store further up The Berlin Turnpike on the Newington side in 2009.

Its been officially confirmed that they will open in Berlin. They already knocked the old Same Club and build a new 58,000 foot building.

I am happy but its weird theirs one town next over in Rocky Hill, I can see it effecting that store bc the Khols around here aren't that close to each other.

ynkeesfn82

And that is small for a Kohls. The one in the Plainville Commons in Plainville is around 86,000 Sq. Feet.

TRU7536

Quote from: Marc B on February 24, 2012, 10:59:03 PM
And that is small for a Kohls. The one in the Plainville Commons in Plainville is around 86,000 Sq. Feet.

http://m.jsonline.com/business/121701224.html?ua=android&dc=smart

Its what Kohls is planning on doing going forward making smaller stores.

vwnut13

Has anyone seen a Kohls with the Customer Service Desk up front by the registers?

The one in West Lebanon moved it up front after the Irene flooding Remodels.

dmx10101

Quote from: vwnut13 on February 29, 2012, 01:50:47 AM
Has anyone seen a Kohls with the Customer Service Desk up front by the registers?

The one in West Lebanon moved it up front after the Irene flooding Remodels.

Most all of the older Kohl's stores that are receiving remodels have the customer service desk being relocated to the front of the store. It's for customer convenience and security.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

ynkeesfn82

3 new Kohl's will be opening in Connecticut this fall in Berlin, Killingly, and New Milford.

retailisking

Quote from: Marc B on June 18, 2012, 07:03:22 AM
3 new Kohl's will be opening in Connecticut this fall in Berlin, Killingly, and New Milford.

Any idea how large any of these stores will be? Kohl's has been building smaller stores lately.