Captain D's

Started by tokensafari, July 14, 2005, 01:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tokensafari

TALK! lol this being my current employer, i thought i would start a section about them. As of now Captain D's is owned by Charlesbank Capital Partners and Grotech Capital Group. I haven't really noticed anything bad about the company, we have good food, and our store is very clean and neat, no complaints from me. I eat there all the time, if that tells you anything.

Founded in 1969, Captain D?s is the nation?s leading seafood quick-service restaurant (?QSR?) in terms of average store volume and the second-largest seafood QSR in terms of number of stores. It combines the speed, convenience and pricing of a QSR with the quality, freshness and atmosphere of ?fast casual? restaurants.

Approximately 580 company-owned and franchised stores located in 24 states, with strong positions in the Southeast and Midwest.

In partnership with management and another investment firm, Charlesbank acquired Captain D?s in late December 2004. As part of the transaction, we arranged $100 million in senior debt financing.

HoJofan206

We have two 3 Captain D's here in my hometown, but I have never eaten at one......:o

LazarusFan

Fast food seafood restaurants aren't that good.  I prefer a full service seafood restaurant.

HoJofan206

Former Sandy Springs Georgia location.

HoJofan206

Evansville Indiana location

dave73

Captain D's hasn't been in my area (Griffith Indiana) since they closed in 1984.  I didn't even know they were still in business until I made a trip to Cincinnati, OH in 2000.  That was when I saw a Captain D's on the outskirts of Downtown Cincinnati.  I don't know if it's still open today.