Dollar General

Started by storehistoryguy, July 07, 2005, 04:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

d_fife

how different is dollar general than Dollar tree. They used to have an all for a dollar chain, but that closed 9 years ago. These dollar places are more popular.

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
how different is dollar general than Dollar tree. They used to have an all for a dollar chain, but that closed 9 years ago. These dollar places are more popular.

Dollar General isn't a dollar store. Its a general store. You can get alot there even groceries.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy

Dollar General isn't a dollar store. Its a general store. You can get alot there even groceries.

what chain is it? I am interested to know and what was the size of their stores.

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy

what chain is it? I am interested to know and what was the size of their stores.

About the size of a bigger dollar store. Heres they're website if thats any help. http://www.dollargeneral.com/

BillyGr

This Dollar General (or should I say Dollar Gstoperal ;) ) is on Balltown Road in Niskayuna (just down from the former Mohawk Mall).  It is in a strip of 3 stores next to Hannaford and seems small (and oddly layed out).

BillyGr

The first picture is the Hudson (Greenport) store - in the former Jamesway/Price Chopper plaza.

The second is the Coxsackie store, a newly built freestanding building.

BillyGr

This store is in Saugerties on Route 9W/32 (they run together to the south of the village).  It is part of a former grocery store (last an IGA) and is not as new as it looks (it's about a year or 2 old, they have just been re-doing the plaza, hence the banner for a sign).

Also, as I was pulling out of the lot, I caught a glimpse of a truck behind the store - the trailer looks to be of an older design

BillyGr

The Cobleskill location on Route 7 - this building is where the 2nd Eckerd formerly was (about 1/2 mile from the other one that still exists).

It has been subdivided into several stores.

Not sure what it originally was (grocery maybe)?