all over

Started by d_fife, July 07, 2005, 01:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

I have noticed all over big box plazas are being built. Like they are expanding the Augusta MArketplace, I have not seen it in 4 years, with adding stores like Dick's, Kohl's to the plaza that has wal-mart, Staples, Home Depot, Linens n things, BArnes and Noble, Micheals, Sam's, Cinema etc. Biddeford will have a plaza with Lowe's and Target. and Augusta wants to have a plaza with TArget and Lowe's. In Millbury I wnet to this plaza with TArget, Kohl's, BAbies r us, Marshalls, Iparty, circuit City, Michaels, Staples, PEtsmart, Applebee's, IGI Friday, Dick's Sporting Goods, and a newer section of the plaza under construction with Old Navy, Cinema, and Barnes and Noble. Soon I plan to visit this plaza in Smithfield RI with Target, Kohl's, Home Depot, Linens n things, Applebee's, Dick's Sporting Goods, Michaels, Barnes and Noble. And in AGawam and Westfield they want to build those kind of plazas. In Hooksett a plaza with Kohl's, Target, Home depot, Bed bath beyond, Staples, Bj's was just built. a plaza with Target is being built in Topsham. NONE OF THESE PLAZAS ARE BEING BUILT INTO VERMONT, execpt in Williston, near burlington.

IT seems that big box outdoor malls that are 500,000 square feet to 1 million square feet are being built these days, and ARE REPLACING INDOOR MALLS.

Fewer indoor malls are being built. I think the last indoor mall that I knew of being built was Providence Place, built in 1999 (I plan to visit there soon), with 5 levels wiht Borders, Bed bath beyond, Filene's, Nordstorm, Lord Taylor, 170 stores. DYING indoor malls get built into big box shopping centers (See rebirth to lifestyle shopping centers section)

THIS IS PROBABLY CAUSING SEARS to go beyond the confines of the mall, with that Sears Essentials format that it is converting 400 stores into Kmart, and JCPEnny is opening stand alone stores.

WHY ARE SO MANY OF THESE PLAZAS being built. IS it because consumers these days are being lazy with driving out of town.

Zayre88

With these new shopping centers, you have to drive from store to store.  The stores are so big and set in blocks away from each other.  With malls, usually we parked the car once and walked the mall.

So people are lazy with driving out of town and want to drive from store to store in "small towns" set up as shopping centers like the Augusta Marketplace.

CTAmeshopper

dIck's sporting goods, was the store name that was censored.

trying to bypass it, it's just a store name sheesh.

CTAmeshopper

What?

try it again

diick's sporting goods

It's a WELL KNOWN NAME, geez this things getting irritating.