Dick's Sporting Goods

Started by d_fife, July 06, 2005, 05:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

I HAVE NOTICED THAT DICK's SPORTING GOODS IS IN SUPER SUPER EXPANSION MODE NOW. LIke 2 years ago I saw one in West springfield mass and the newslibrary archies said that Dick's opened in 1994, and the ones in MAnchester And NEwington CONNECTICUT OPENED IN the mid 1990s. I HAVE BEEN SEVERLY RESEARCHING DICKS

BUT I have noticed this: In 2001 they opened in Williston VT, in 2003 Dick's opened in a former Ames in South Portland. in 2003 they opened in Plattsburgh NY, Millbury Mass Warwick and Smithfield RI and in 2003 they opened in ORange and WaterforD CT and in 2003 they opened in ATtleboro MAss. In early 2005 they opened in Hadley, SEekonk and Danvers MAss, and Canton Ct. in 2004 Dick's opened in Portsmouth NH, Enfield CT, BAngor ME, Queensbury NY (I WENT IN THE MALL THAT IT IS IN AND IT WAS READY TO OPEN), Plainville CT, in 2002 one in Worcester Mass opened.

They are currently starting construction of the one in Concord NH, and are said to be building ones in KEENE NH, and in LEOMINSTER MASS (TO OPEN SOON), NATICK MASs (Old decathalon and said to be open not too long from now) Taunton Mass (in the old Bradlees in the mall and to open soon), starting construction of one in SAugus Mass, Pittsfield Mass in an old Bradlees, Milford Ct, Augusta MAine, Brockton MAss, Plymouth Mass, Rutland VT,

I have noticed the store count quickley came up from 167 to 239 stores. I have seen the Dick's in Portsmouth NH, HAdley (it was under construction when I saw it), WEst Springfield, Worcester, Millbury and Mass, Queensbury (it was one week away from opening when I saw it), and Saratoga NY, Williston VT (THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME I EVER SAW A DICKS and I saw it in 2002). Decathalon sports died just before Dick's was in Super expansion mode, by the end of 2003 only 4 Decathalons were left (Bellingham, Norwood, Burlington and Hanover Mass)

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK OF DICKS AND THEIR SUPER EXPANSION.

Zayre88

For northern new england, Dick's goes along with Kohl's, Target and Lowe's with their super expansion...

I miss Decathlon. I used to go to the Portsmouth store.  As of last year, it's still there and vacant.  Dick's opened just aside Kohl's in other vacant spots. (see picture)

In Bangor they opened in the former Porteous and theres a store planned for Augusta too.  In only a few years, there will be Dick's Sporting Goods in all major cities.

Caldor1999

ive never been to one before
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

The Dick's / Former Ames / Former Zayre in South Portland.

TRU7536

This is dicks of Newington, was remodeled in 2004. store opened up in 1994, next to Price Chopper.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by TRU7536
This is dicks of Newington, was remodeled in 2004. store opened up in 1994, next to Price Chopper.

www.amesfanclub.com images has the old look of the Dick's sporting goods in newington and that Dick's is next to the former Ames.

The one in west springfield massachusetts looks very different and I heard it opened in 1994.

d_fife

here is the dick's sporting goods in augusta marketplace in maine under construction and near completion.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
here is the dick's sporting goods in augusta marketplace in maine under construction and near completion.

more of the dick's in augusta

d_fife

this is the GAlyan's sporting goods store that DIck's sporting goods replaced in the Walden GAlleria mall in Cheektowaga (Buffalo) new york. DIck's bought otu Galyan's (they were 80,000 square efet) sporting good stores a year ago and they were in ,as far as I know, MEntor Ohio, Danvers MAss etc. I saw the Dick's that was formerly Galyan's in Danvers in the liberty tree mall parking lot.

picture of galyan's now Dick's in walden galleria

from http://www.pyramidmg.com/portfolio/walden_galleria.asp

d_fife

here is the dick's sporting goods in ithaca new york in the pyramid mall where Ames was! it openeed in 2003.

from http://www.pyramidmg.com/portfolio/pyramid_mall.asp

d_fife

here is the dick's sporting goods in poughkeepsie new yorkj in the poughkeepsie galleria. it came to thje mall in the late 1999s and relocated to another parrt of the mall in 2003 or 2004

from http://www.pyramidmg.com/portfolio/poughkeepsie_galleria.asp

d_fife

d_fife

here is what dick's in newington ct looked

from http://newington.univers-clt.com/view_property_C.php?account_no=G1137100&series_card=2

here is dick's in newington ct's new look

from http://newington.univers-clt.com/view_property_C.php?account_no=G1137100&series_card=1

here is dick's plan in newington ct
the store on the left is dick;s

from http://newington.univers-clt.com/view_property_C.php?account_no=G1137100&series_card=1

d_fife

I find it shocking Dick's will close in orange to move to Milford! why? the orange store opened a few years ago! and how far is the one in orange from milford liek 3-4 miles? I wonder if Dick's will open in the states it has not opeend in yet. Of all maine areas, Dick's has not comitted to Lewiston-Auburn yet!! I bet it will either come in the vacant 60,000 sf Porteous or the rest of the vacant Service merchandise (part of that store is dollar tree). it is not in nashua, salem or manchester nh yet, I bet it will coem to nashua and salem in one level of the closed macy's buildings that moved to the Filene's in those malls. that is logical. I bet it will open in more palces around boston, as one is under cosntruction in saugus, almsot open in brockton, one is in natick now and one opened in danvers.

d_fife

here is the dick's taht was Galyan's in walden galleria mall in cheektowaga ny. they had another dick's nearby.

from http://www.waldengalleria.com/content.asp?contenttype=Mall_Info

amesman

here is the dick's sporting goods in ithaca new york in the pyramid mall where Ames was! it openeed in 2003.

from http://www.pyramidmg.com/portfolio/pyramid_mall.asp

Actually, Ames was near the other end of the mall. These row of stores used to be JCPenney.

amesman

here is the dick's sporting goods in poughkeepsie new yorkj in the poughkeepsie galleria. it came to thje mall in the late 1999s and relocated to another parrt of the mall in 2003 or 2004

from http://www.pyramidmg.com/portfolio/poughkeepsie_galleria.asp

This was formerly the Montgomery Ward store in the Poughkeepsie Galleria.

d_fife

here is the dick's sporting goods in kingston ny in the hudson valley mall.

d_fife

here is the dick's sporting goods in latham ny in the latham farms shopping center. notice the logo!!!!! with wal-mart in the plaza the store must have opened in liek 1994.

d_fife

here is the dick's sporting goods in clay new york in the great northern mall

d_fife

here is a picture of dick's in binghamton new york on court st at night. THIS DICK"S SPORTING GOODS WAS THE FIRST DICK"S EVER!!!! IT was founded in 1948 or 1952 and the store told me it is 18,000 sf.

d_fife

here is a picture of dick's in binghamton new york on court st at night. THIS DICK"S SPORTING GOODS WAS THE FIRST DICK"S EVER!!!! IT was founded in 1948 or 1952 and the store told me it is 18,000 sf.

more DIck's in binghamton new york. THIS IS THE SAME DICKS THAT I MENTION ABOVE AS THE FIRST DICKS SPORTING GOODS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

d_fife

here is the dick's sporting goods in keene in the monadnock marketplace tbhat opened last october.

d_fife

hre is the dick's in dewitt ny in the shoppingtown mall.

d_fife

dick's sporting goods in syracuse in the fairmount plaza on west greense st

d_fife

dick's sporting goods in syracuse in the fairmount plaza on west greense st

more dick's in syracuse on greense

d_fife

here is the dick's sporting goods in ithaca in the pyramid mall.

d_fife

here is the dick's sporting goods in ithaca in the pyramid mall.

more dick's in ithaca.

d_fife

here is the dick's sporting goods in elmira (horseheads and Elmira heights or big flats) ny in consumer square. the plaza must have opened 1993 or 1994. notice the dick's logo looks different.