Shop "n" Save

Started by storehistoryguy, July 06, 2005, 12:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

shop n save dexter me that was sold

d_fife

old shop n save on union st in old westgate plaza

d_fife

old shop n save on union st in bangor me near 95 and opened 1971 and much much smaller than most and closed 1993.

d_fife

or was the old shop n save this on union st and main st.

d_fife

in brewer that was never owned by hannaford.

d_fife

powersbt

I didn't realize that there were any more Shop 'n Saves in the Hannaford company. They've been working for years to get them converted over.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by powersbt
I didn't realize that there were any more Shop 'n Saves in the Hannaford company. They've been working for years to get them converted over.

they sold the ones north of millinocket, Calais maine, newport maine, pittsfield maine and dover-foxcroft maine.

BillyGr

Most (if not all) of the corporate owned stores are now using the Hannaford label, they primarily use the Shop 'n Save name on independently owned stores that they supply, hence the Dave's Shop 'n Save, Miller's Shop 'n Save etc.).

powersbt

I understood that. The one I was questioning was the Calais Maine store with the Hannaford signs hanging in the Front Windows. I wouldn't expect to see that in an Independently owned store.

Edit: Scratch that theory. I see they all have those signs in the Windows.

I Miss the old Shop 'n Save Days. The stores were Big-Box Format, and was an amazing sight to see and shop in.

QuoteOriginally posted by BillyGr

Most (if not all) of the corporate owned stores are now using the Hannaford label, they primarily use the Shop 'n Save name on independently owned stores that they supply, hence the Dave's Shop 'n Save, Miller's Shop 'n Save etc.).

d_fife

old shop n save in kennebunk me that was closed / sold in 1996.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife

kennebunk me

Caldor1999

shoudlent this be under the super markets thread
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

d_fife

kennebunk me

kennebunk me

Zayre88

This may have been a supermarket, Shop'n save or something else.  The building is on Sabattus st. in Lewiston ME.  It sure looks like an old supermarket, the kinds you find in Madawaska, Caribou, Willow st. Augusta  and Machias.

d_fife

when I saw this in lewiston 5 months ago

d_fife

back of shop n save in dexter me

jmcnamara96

There use to be one in hudson nh  first Alexanders and then shop and save changed to hannfords in 03-04?

alltheamesyouneed

Oh my goodness, Shop n Save! That really brings back a lot of memories. I grew up just down the street from the Hampton, NH location, and I remember walking there from my house during the summer to get something cold to drink. (All this "I remember when..." stuff makes me feel old, haha, which I'm definitely not.)

I actually ended up working at the store for about two years, after it had been converted into a Hannaford Bros. The interior still has the old orange and teal green signage for the departments, and a lot of the customers and employees still referred to it as Shop n Save and not Hannaford. Good times.

TRJ22487

Shop n Save (now Hannafords)
Fort Kent, Maine
6-28-2004
At the time the store had a huge mix of SnS, IGA, A&P, Grand Union carts

The Shop n Save I went to most as a kid was Claremont, NH (Now Hannafords) I always liked the way the store seemed to be set back from the main road, and had its own parking lot
I used to rent Super Nintendo games there all the time

TRJ_22487

There are still a smattering of stores in Maine individually owned, supplied by Hannaford, but left with the old name, and even one with a vintage logo