American Appliance

Started by storehistoryguy, July 06, 2005, 12:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

storehistoryguy

store215

There are many, many of these that are still empty. Those that are not empty that I have seen have still kept the American Appliance look (ex. The 360 Skate Spot in Willow Grove, PA is in an American Appliance store (opened only a few months before whole chain folded) just painted over the red line orange, and thats about it exterior-wise)

They closed around early 2001. (Around May I think) I still have a circular from the week they all shut down and a circular that was somehow published a week later, after the chain was gone.

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
There are many, many of these that are still empty. Those that are not empty that I have seen have still kept the American Appliance look (ex. The 360 Skate Spot in Willow Grove, PA is in an American Appliance store (opened only a few months before whole chain folded) just painted over the red line orange, and thats about it exterior-wise)

They closed around early 2001. (Around May I think) I still have a circular from the week they all shut down and a circular that was somehow published a week later, after the chain was gone.

The American Appliance in Willow Grove Pa. is where I bought my current refrigorator. That location didn't last long. They opened it only a few years before they went out of business. The one in Montgomeryville Pa. was an older one that opened sometime during the 70's. Thats where I bought my previous refrigorator. Its a Sleepy's today.

Mobil

There is an abandoned American Appliance in Lansdowne, PA next to an also closed A&P/SuperFresh. That store has been vacant for 6 years now and is rumored to become a T.J. Maxx. Just a block away there is also a former Acme that became a Save-a-Lot in 2005.