Pathmark?!

Started by store215, January 06, 2005, 08:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

storehistoryguy

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
Mmmm Mmmmm. Macaroni & Cheese Dinner. :P

http://www.geocities.com/macandcheesebox/

lol for some resion i cant eat store brand food lol i guess its because of the lably bu ti do like some of shop rites stor brand food:P
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

This one looks nice with the bridge and the sunset in the background.

www.zettler.at/ny/ 002bridges/source/1.html

thats over down in the city some were
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

store215

It still puzzles me how the Warminster, PA store is open. I was in there today to pick up a few things that were on sale. The parking lot was almost empty and this is during a busy afternoon. There was even more people in the Staples next door! (I stopped  in there first) Employees at the Deli, Seafood, counters were just staring at the emptyness.  I am not kidding, I only walked by 5 other customers while walking through the store. There were only 3 cashiers, 2 of which playing hacky sack or something, then a bunch more employees outside on a smoke break. Terrible prices too--and they still say they are hiring!

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
It still puzzles me how the Warminster, PA store is open. I was in there today to pick up a few things that were on sale. The parking lot was almost empty and this is during a busy afternoon. There was even more people in the Staples next door! (I stopped  in there first) Employees at the Deli, Seafood, counters were just staring at the emptyness.  I am not kidding, I only walked by 5 other customers while walking through the store. There were only 3 cashiers, 2 of which playing hacky sack or something, then a bunch more employees outside on a smoke break. Terrible prices too--and they still say they are hiring!

That store has been open for a long time and has has additions put on it at two different times do to expanding. If Pathmark were to close that store it had a long life.

store215

My local pathmark (Warminster, PA) is closing forever next week...not suprised at all. Another one in Freehold, NJ is also closing.

I see this space sitting empty for a long time sadly. (Pathmark owns the building so it's unlikely they would lease/sell it to another grocery store.)

Article
-----------------
Warminster Pathmark closing

By JODI SPIEGEL ARTHUR
The Intelligencer

Shoppers who frequent the Pathmark store in Warminster soon will have to find another place to buy their groceries and fill their prescriptions.

The store at 700 York Road is closing on Jan. 27 because it is ?underperforming,? said Harvey Gutman, senior vice president of retail development for Pathmark Stores Inc.

?It's been there a long time, and we hated to leave the community,? Gutman said. ?It was a financial decision and had to be made. ... It was not made lightly. The store's been underperforming for quite a while.?

Gutman declined to be specific about the numbers.

The store is only one of a number of commercial vacancies near the intersection of York and Street roads in Warminster.

According to township zoning officer Tom Thern, in the Center Point Place shopping center alone, the former Burlington Coat Factory, Thrift Drug and a former I Goldberg that later became a furniture store are all empty. In the Town Center, adjacent to the freestanding 55,000-square-foot Pathmark, the former Office Max is vacant, and there are rumors that other stores might soon be empty as well.

On the other hand, Rite Aid is building a new store across the street, on the site of the former Drug Emporium, and a new Staples is being built nearby in Warrington.

Warminster resident Ann Fleming said she sees a lot of elderly people walking to Pathmark through an adjacent neighborhood for groceries and prescriptions.

?There's a lady who must be close to 90; she walks every day,? Fleming said. ?I think it's going to be a hardship for a lot of people.?
Adblock

Fleming said she too will miss the store where she has shopped since it opened in October 1970. ?Everyone there is so friendly,? she said of the employees. ?If I get depressed, I go over there to shop,? she said with a laugh.

Gutman said the store is one of two the company is closing this month because of underperformance. The other closing store is in Freehold, N.J. One new store was opened in Edison, N.J., last month, bringing the total number of Pathmark Stores in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware to 143. The two closures will reduce that number to 141.

Unionized employees will be offered the opportunity to work at other Pathmark stores, and the store will either be leased or sold, Gutman said. ?We own the space, and we will be looking to find a new tenant (or owner).?

John Standley, Pathmark's chief executive officer, said in November that the company continually reevaluates stores and performance.

?We continue to evaluate and challenge all elements of our business to improve operating performance,? Sandley said.

During the first nine months of fiscal 2005, which ends on Jan. 28, Pathmark opened one new store, closed two stores and renovated six. The new store was a replacement for one of the stores that closed.

Gutman said the decision to close the Warminster store this month was made shortly before it was announced at the store on Friday.

storehistoryguy

My local pathmark (Warminster, PA) is closing forever next week...not suprised at all.

You're kidding me right? Its closing!?!? I heard nothing about it! Its been there for along time and I've seen it change through the years since the 70's! It opened in the mid 60's though. I think it was the Giant and Shop Rite up the road.

Goodbye Warminster Pathmark, circa 1967-2006.

store215

My local pathmark (Warminster, PA) is closing forever next week...not suprised at all.

You're kidding me right? Its closing!?!? I heard nothing about it! Its been there for along time and I've seen it change through the years since the 70's! It opened in the mid 60's though. I think it was the Giant and Shop Rite up the road.

Goodbye Warminster Pathmark, circa 1967-2006.

Yep, Shop Rite has really hurt them (which is where I will be doing my shopping from now on besides Redner's). But Pathmark totally gave up on being competitive in price. I know they just added a bunch of crap (a dollar section, small appliances, office supplies) to this store only a month or so ago--obviously this was a recent decision.  
(I do think Pathmark had a better layout and lighting than the SuperG/Shop n Save/Shop Rite store currently has)

The article says the Pathmark opened in Oct, 1970, but you are saying the store is even older than that? (If so, it was probably once a Shop Rite store before "Pathmark" (Supermarkets General Inc.) broke away from using the Shop Rite banner and started using the Pathmark name). Kind of ironic.
In all of Pathmark's recent closings, there is a Shop Rite only a few miles away, if not in the same town.

There are too many empty spots in Warminster right now. (Not to mention there will soon be the empty old Rite Aid and i'm assuming the Warminster Staples (Rickel--once owned by Pathmark) will also be closing when the Warrington store opens. :no:

d_fife

storehistoryguy

Well I went to the Warminster Pathmark today. Alot of stuff is gone. I barrowed my friends camera to take a picture of it. Once I get them uploaded I'll post them.

store215

Well I went to the Warminster Pathmark today. Alot of stuff is gone. I barrowed my friends camera to take a picture of it. Once I get them uploaded I'll post them.

can't wait to see them. (And i'm guessing i'll be able to dig up some pictures from an auction liquidation company site when they sell off all the fixtures) :no:

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

here is the 65000 square foot pathmark in wyncotte pa

from http://www.nassimirealty.com/sa_retail1.html

Anonymous

Hmmm... The Manchester, CT Shop-Rite was a Pathmark!

d_fife

d_fife

here is the pathmark in the bronx / baychester in the Bay plaza and is 67,000 square feet

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1140389474&subNum=10206000075

d_fife

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
pathmark in jersey city nj in the stadium plaza

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1140828503&subNum=10208000353

more pathmark in jersey city in the stadium plaza

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1140828503&subNum=10208000353

d_fife