Main Menu

Eckerd

Started by storehistoryguy, July 05, 2005, 01:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
here is the old lookg of eckerd drug in ramsey nj

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1137886729&subNum=50205000044

here is a new lookg of the eckerd drug in ramsey nj

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1137886729&subNum=50205000044

BillyGr

Here are three Eckerd's:

Top is in Schenectady (Route 7 Crosstown plaza) - this one shares a roof with the (former) Price Chopper next door - the Eckerd doors are just tot the right of the 2nd column - the windows on the far right are part of the grocery store.

Middle is East Greenbush - it shares the former Albany Public buiding with an Empire Vision.  Note the chipping paint on the roof - the aqua color you see is from Albany Public (even though the building has been painted red(Big Al's), brown(Fays) and Dark Blue (Eckerds - i think twice) since then.

Bottom is a new store on Route 7 between Schenectady and Latham - free standing - the all brick design and name in just white letters is different than most I've seen.

BillyGr

The first shot is a typical newer Eckerd in Hudson (Greenport) (on the opposite corner of the new CVS) - they used to be up in the Jamesway plaza where Save A Lot is now.

The second is the Catskill store - it's right where Rt. 9W meets Rt. 385 - it's an older store (has been there since the Fays days), but is freestanding and looks like something else was there (the building next door is a car dealer, but was a Great American at one time).

BillyGr

This is the Eckerd on Delaware Avenue in Albany - this was here as Fays years back and is in a strip plaza.

BillyGr

First is the (newer) store in Watervliet - they moved from a location in the Price Chopper Plaza.

2nd is the location in the plaza across from Hudson Valley Community College in Troy - a standard store in the corner of the plaza.

3rd is the store on Route 4 in North Troy - this a building with just the Eckerd and Price Chopper (to the right) - no other stores.

BillyGr

You'd think no one else posted on this post!

Anyhow, here are a few more stores:

1st is the store in Saugerties (Route 9W) - they have just remodeled this plaza, including the unusual Red Eckerd sign (had a standard one previously).

2nd is the Western Ave store just down from UAlbany - this is part of the former ShopRite building and does have a drive-thru (on the end of the building) - Eckerd has done this in a couple places in older buildings.  Opened as Fays not too long before the change to Eckerd.

3rd is the store in the 20 Mall in Guilderland on Western Avenue.  This store is just about a block from the intersection of 20&155 with the CVS & new Walgreens.  Older store (from Fays), may have been a previous Price Chopper location in the plaza.

Last is the store in Westgate Plaza in Albany.  Moved here (along with Price Chopper) from the plaza next door as Fays.  This location in Westgate (approximately) was a Brooks years back, but had closed before the transition to Revco (which all remianing Brooks in this part of NY made) - so now it's back to Brooks control!

BillyGr

The first store is the store in Cobleskill on Route 7 - this one was a Fays (as you can see they never bothered to paint the roof).  There was also another location just down the street for a time, but I don't know why or how that happened.

The second is the store in Oneonta - in with the Price Chopper on Route 7.

store215

It seems all newly remodeled Eckerds are getting red signs (they are trying to match it up with Brooks color scheme). One near me just got a new exterior (the interior is still very dark and dirty) and they put up a red sign. Another remodeled one got a white sign, but this is just to match the rest of the center.

d_fife

here is the one in syracuse ny in shop city shopping center

store215

Check Out this vintage Eckerd sign! And this picture was taken this year outside a store in Georiga. There's probably only a few left like this.

BillyGr

This is the (former) Eckerd on State Street (Route 5) at Brandywine Ave. in Schenectady.

It was relatively new, and must have closed sometime over the last 6 months or so - not announced at all.  There is a Rite-Aid across the intersection kitty-corner, and CVS used to be just down the block (they moved farther down toward Mohawk Mall).  There is also another older Eckerd at Watt St. & Route 7, about 1 to 1-1/2 miles away, give or take.

store215

I saw a brand new corner Eckerd somewhere in NJ today that must have just opened very recently. It had all red exterior signage...just the first new store I have seen in years!

d_fife

the one in malone ny

d_fife

the one in dewitt ny

d_fife

the one in the eastview mall in victor ny (15 minutes from rochester ny)

d_fife

eckerd drugs in warren pa

store215

Eckerd (and Brooks) are now officially part of Rite Aid. Bye bye Eckerd and you're insanely overpriced, out of date, and under staffed stores! :bouncing:

XISMZERO

Here's the Eckerd in DeWitt, New York inside Shoppingtown Mall. Taken May 22, 2007.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's the Eckerd in DeWitt, New York inside Shoppingtown Mall. Taken May 22, 2007.

Check this place out inside!
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

I think Nintendo would be displeased.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

JordanMarsh

The Triforce, haha that's great.. :bounce:

powersbt

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks to be the styling of stores from the Fay's Drugs Days. I swear that Fays was using that Symbol right up to when they were bought out.

store215

It most likely was. Most Eckerd's, unless built new, have never seen a remodel from whatever chain they were before. All of the strip center stores near me still contain the former Thrift Drug decor (plus if u look closely some of the shipping containers and carts still say Thrift Drug on them.

BillyGr

Yep - definitely the last of the Fays designs.  You could just take that Eckerd logo off the (interior) wall and switch it back to a Fays one and it'd be all set to go.

QuoteOriginally posted by powersbt
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks to be the styling of stores from the Fay's Drugs Days. I swear that Fays was using that Symbol right up to when they were bought out.

MikeRa

All of the Eckerd Pharmacy stores are now rebranded Rite Aid
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Kmart4life

Except in Florida where all are rebranded as CVS.