Waldbaum's (Some A&P stuff too since they were one in the same)

Started by Caldor99, January 06, 2005, 07:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor99

owned by A&P but they closed many

amesman

There was one in the Caldor Plaza in Kingston. It is now a Staples and Jo Ann Fabrics.

Chris

In CT, A&P Super Foodmart used to be called Waldbaum's Foodmart. My mom used to work at one for 8 years. Can anyone explain why A&P did this name change.

Caldor99

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris
In CT, A&P Super Foodmart used to be called Waldbaum's Foodmart. My mom used to work at one for 8 years. Can anyone explain why A&P did this name change.
A&P down sized it i think mine be came a A&P to they closed some cuse the company have been sturrgen over the years there r some still around just not many

Chris

Do you know where it was? I've been to the one in Newington, which really needs re-modeling, and the Berlin CT store, which was moved from across the plaza which is now Ocean State Job Lot and Family Dollar. I've posted the Newington CT store. A Rocky Hill, Enfield, Southington stores closed in earlier years.

Caldor1999

sorry i don't know were thoughs r located:(
but the ones near me became A&P to they tore down mine to make a new Target and a A&p Fresh the one in white planes became a A&p and the one in peekskill became a Marshells
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Anonymous

Waldbaum's has stores everywhere in Queens and Nassau and Suffolk counties, NY.  Most of their stores are super stores with a pharmacy and what not.  They continually upgrade them.... they are owned by A&P, they are either #1 or #2 as far as market share goes, if they didn't have so many stores, I am positive that figure would be much lower.  The A&P's that were on Long Island, were either converted to Waldbaum/'s or were closed because there was a W's across the street.    www.waldbaums.com

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB
QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
Here's an abandoned one in front of the Agawam, MA Ames...

thats a sad picture:(

latley ive been seeing Walbaums trucks alover the place
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

hears  A&P that once a waldbaums sorry if the pic is bullery
Caldor Forever!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB
QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
Here's an abandoned one in front of the Agawam, MA Ames...

HUH WHA? I DON'T SEE THE A&P LOGO HOW COME?

most of the old Waldbaums becam Super Fresh or Super Food Mart stores runed by A&P thats why u dont see the lable scar of A&P
Caldor Forever!

JimSawhill

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
Waldbaum's has stores everywhere in Queens and Nassau and Suffolk counties, NY.  Most of their stores are super stores with a pharmacy and what not.  They continually upgrade them.... they are owned by A&P, they are either #1 or #2 as far as market share goes, if they didn't have so many stores, I am positive that figure would be much lower.  The A&P's that were on Long Island, were either converted to Waldbaum/'s or were closed because there was a W's across the street.    www.waldbaums.com

Waldbaum's (which was founded in NY City) bought Food Mart which was based in Springfield, Mass. Food Marts are slowly dieing.
     One of my favorite store was the Food Mart - Topps Department Stores in The East Hartford Plaza. between those stores -- and it was open so  you could go between both stores -  there was a donut shop cooking donuts. (Yum Donuts) It was great...
     The plaza went down hill after Topps' owner Interstate Stores went OOB, then Food Mart left - to be replaced by an Edwards.
      The plaza was torn down to expand the local Coca-Cola plant.

d_fife

JimSawhill

There used to be a Waldbaums in North Haven, which closed about 5 years ago. Meriden had one, too.

JimSawhill