Foodland

Started by tokensafari, July 02, 2005, 11:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tokensafari

FOODLAND stores are serviced and supplied by SUPERVALU INC., the nation?s leading food distributor. The Central region of SUPERVALU has distribution centers in New Stanton and Easton, PA as well as Milton, WV, Fort Wayne, IN, and Xenia, OH, which also serves as the region?s headquarters. - FoodlandStores.com

I think they have somewhere around 140 stores or so. I will post some pictures in the following posts.

tokensafari

The map indicating where FOODLAND is located.

tokensafari

finally, a picture of one of my local FOODLAND's that was put out of business by a Wal-Mart SuperCenter.

tokensafari

Inside sources have told me that another is Foodland succumbing to Wal-Mart. This would be the Foodland i worked t for almost two years. The announcement hasn't been made yet, so it's still hush hush. But still sad none the less..

tokensafari

Here is another Foodland located not too far from a closed Kroger store. Grocery stores must not do too well in this little village.

HoJofan206

There are a few of these Foodland grocery stores in Owensboro Kentucky as well.

tokensafari

Because it was a Tipton's Foodland. They aren't a chain store, like Ames or whatever. They are owned by individuals. Kind of like a franchise. Two local stores are Facemire Foodlands, because Facemire is the guy that owns the two in my area. (Hint: one of the Facemire Foodlands is above.)

tokensafari

alright... i know none of you know this chain, nor care really. The Foodland I worked at on RT. 60 in Huntington, WV closed. It was mainly due to the opening of a Wal Mart SuperCenter.

wiseguy93

Food Land in Pound, Virginia. This building was built as a
Singelton's Department Stores. Then t became a Rex Food Center. Has been Food Land for several years. Dollar General is right next door. Food Land has a small pharmacy inside.

Mobil

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil
suc[Censored]b

What? ....
JN

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by NJxxJon
QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil
suc[Censored]b

What? ....

Why is "suc?????b" censored? Whatever it means, I saw it censored in a previous post.

CTAmeshopper

cause it has the the "d" word in it the censor thinks it's a bad word, and thinks it means the other meaning so it censors it.

:insane:

XDeSuEhTX

We used to have Foodland in Beckley... a long time ago, tis no more.
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

Ameskid

QuoteOriginally posted by CTAmeshopper
cause it has the the "d" word in it the censor thinks it's a bad word, and thinks it means the other meaning so it censors it.

:insane:
You mean the "C" word...

Suc c u mbed.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

TheFugitive

Quote from: rjstheiv on January 04, 2009, 02:39:13 PM
Foodland on Buttermilk Hollow Road.

http://www2.county.allegheny.pa.us/RealEstate/Search.aspx

I used to live nearby.  It was previously an IGA.

Now it is a Shop and Save.  Foodland has pretty much disappeared from this
area over the past couple of years.

JimSawhill

Quote from: TheFugitive on February 07, 2014, 02:00:21 PM
Quote from: rjstheiv on January 04, 2009, 02:39:13 PM
Foodland on Buttermilk Hollow Road.

http://www2.county.allegheny.pa.us/RealEstate/Search.aspx

I used to live nearby.  It was previously an IGA.

Now it is a Shop and Save.  Foodland has pretty much disappeared from this
area over the past couple of years.

Still around?

TheFugitive

4647 Buttermilk Hollow Rd.
Still on the Shop and Save website.