Pepsi brought back retro packaging and Pepsi Stuff

Started by Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill), February 15, 2018, 03:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

I was shopping at Meijer the other day, and noticed the Pepsi-Cola cans were using the retro '70s/'80s label unveiled in the Superbowl LII commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcGFrdopXxo

I purchased a 24-pack cube with a picture of the retro can on the front. The next two times I went I purchased another 24-pack cube and two 6-packs of 16.9 oz bottles with the same exact retro labels as the cans.

I also started to collect Pepsi Points from the codes printed on the insides of the 24-pack boxes for pepsistuff.com. I'll continue to collect Pepsi Points from the the marked bottle caps and insides of retro-styled Pepsi packaging:

The retro Pepsi-Cola packaging is being carried by retailers everywhere.

giantsfan2016

I was at 2 of my old stomping ground yesterday - ShopRite Supermarket on Queen Street in Southington and Stop and Shop on Pine Street in Forestville (Bristol), CT. They both had limited numbers bottles of the retro-labeled 2 liter bottles on the shelves.

M.R.CALDOR

Do they taste the same as the Throwback Pepsi from years back or is it regular Pepsi, on a side note, I wish they would bring back the Throwback Mountain Dew, its available in the south but not up north like it used to be and if I recall, you were once able to purchase it in a 2 liter bottle.

Quote from: M.R.CALDOR on February 15, 2018, 03:16:51 PM
Do they taste the same as the Throwback Pepsi from years back or is it regular Pepsi, on a side note, I wish they would bring back the Throwback Mountain Dew, its available in the south but not up north like it used to be and if I recall, you were once able to purchase it in a 2 liter bottle.

It's regular Pepsi, NOT Throwback which is now what they call "Pepsi Made With Real Sugar."

They still carry Mountain Dew Throwback in Wisconsin.

For those people who want Pepsi Throwback this is what you're looking for:

TheFugitive

I guess younger people are not drinking as much pop as they used to, so they are trying
to reconnect with a younger generation of customers.

I have largely given it up to avoid the sugar.  I think I may have had five glasses
of pop in calendar year 2017.

MikeinBuffalo

i've always liked Pepsi better than Coke. Given a choice, though, I would take Sprite.
Bed Bath and Beyond grunt.
N.Y. Ames Pilgrimages completed: Medina #69, Alden #78, Collins #79, Tonawanda #251, Blasdell #1066, South Cheektowaga #1077 (RIP), Cheektowaga/Depew #1079, Buffalo #1109, Buffalo #1206 (RIP)
Dead Retail of Buffalo on my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141912098@N03/albums

Chuck E. Cheese

I love the designs but don't drink any soda myself.

EddieJ1984

Yea the designs are nice, wish they included diet in the retro packaging.
I hope after this they change up their current labels as I feel after 9 years or so they are pretty stale, and I never liked the current smiling pepsi globe.

retailisking

The retro packaging is really confusing, as it's similar to the packaging they used for Pepsi Throwback with real sugar.

Quote from: retailisking on March 13, 2018, 06:16:55 PM
The retro packaging is really confusing, as it's similar to the packaging they used for Pepsi Throwback with real sugar.
It does in a way. Except that it omits the little yellow "Take the Pepsi Challenge" ribbon on the bottom that read "Throwback: Made with Real Sugar."

The "new" retro design is currently being used for the Pepsi Generations superbowl adverts to promote PepsiStuff.com. The HFCS Pepsi is sold in retro cans based on the 1973-1987 (minus the "Pepsi Challenge" banner) design.

(it has been proven that real sugar has no benefits over HFCS)

EddieJ1984

MikeRa

Quote from: EddieJ1984 on March 14, 2018, 08:38:30 PM
I find the design of the 20oz and 1 liters weird (Big pic in link)
https://i.imgur.com/KT7s2PI.jpg
Here is a pic of the 20oz and the 1.25 Liter bottles:
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

shore72

I would have to say that the new/old design DOES catch my eye every time I see it in the store. On some deep-down level, it also makes me want a Pepsi. Not enough to actually buy one :) Personally I think the "smiling globe" design is just odd and always seemed like change-for-change-sake.

Solaris

Quote from: ShopKoFan on February 23, 2018, 06:52:46 PM
For those people who want Pepsi Throwback this is what you're looking for:

Really? I Was in Publix the other day and Saw it Packaged as Pepsi Throwback Still, I Do Miss the throwback stuff tho... Mtn Dew Throwback, Pepsi Throwback even Dr Pepper Throwback!

As for this Campaign, I Still have a 20 oz Bottle, MJ Redesign Can(With Diet Variant), and all 3 Diet Pepsi 20 oz Bottles (All Post-Redesign)... Too Bad they couldn't bring it back this year.

The Pepsi Stuff promotion ended last year. I wound up getting a Pepsi trucker hat, pinball game, coupons and magnet with the points I've acquired through various codes found under Pepsi bottle caps and on the underside of various 12-packs and 24-packs.

Solaris

Quote from: ShopKoFan on June 21, 2019, 05:44:00 PM
The Pepsi Stuff promotion ended last year. I wound up getting a Pepsi trucker hat, pinball game, coupons and magnet with the points I've acquired through various codes found under Pepsi bottle caps and on the underside of various 12-packs and 24-packs.
I Ended up getting only the downloadable designs and the Free 3 months of iHeartRadio sadly...