Bangor Mall looking for a tax break

Started by retailisking, February 14, 2018, 03:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retailisking

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: danfifepsu on February 14, 2018, 05:09:05 PM
Quote from: retailisking on February 14, 2018, 03:53:34 PM
As predicted, Simon has turned in the keys
http://bangordailynews.com/2018/02/14/business/bangor-mall-seeks-big-tax-break-as-temporary-owners-take-over/

whatll happen to that mall?
The same thing that'll happen to most dying shopping malls across the United States: the switch begins from traditional retail to mixed-use. Some shopping malls had success becoming mixed-use offering other stuff besides retail and restaurants, like entertainment, offices, and educational tenants.

Puente Hills Mall in Industry, California (the shopping mall that was made famous in the 1985 movie "Back to the Future" as Twin Pines Mall) is one example of a traditional shopping mall that was transformed into a mixed-use facility after JCPenney closed their location at that shopping mall in the mid 1990s. The JCPenney was large enough to divide between all kinds of retail/non-retail tenants like Round1 Bowling/Amusement, 24 Hour Fitness, Toys "R" Us (originally Circuit City) and Burlington.

danfifepsu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on February 16, 2018, 12:48:02 AM
Quote from: danfifepsu on February 14, 2018, 05:09:05 PM
Quote from: retailisking on February 14, 2018, 03:53:34 PM
As predicted, Simon has turned in the keys
http://bangordailynews.com/2018/02/14/business/bangor-mall-seeks-big-tax-break-as-temporary-owners-take-over/

whatll happen to that mall?
The same thing that'll happen to most dying shopping malls across the United States: the switch begins from traditional retail to mixed-use. Some shopping malls had success becoming mixed-use offering other stuff besides retail and restaurants, like entertainment, offices, and educational tenants.

Puente Hills Mall in Industry, California (the shopping mall that was made famous in the 1985 movie "Back to the Future" as Twin Pines Mall) is one example of a traditional shopping mall that was transformed into a mixed-use facility after JCPenney closed their location at that shopping mall in the mid 1990s. The JCPenney was large enough to divide between all kinds of retail/non-retail tenants like Round1 Bowling/Amusement, 24 Hour Fitness, Toys "R" Us (originally Circuit City) and Burlington.
why is the Maine Mall in same state thriving and few vacant stores while this mall is dying. What happens to most malls w 30 empty spots and 2 empty anchors

JJBers

If the mall is really gonna fall out, maybe I'll go to Maine this summer. I know the Augusta area somewhat well even after 7 years.
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

danfifepsu

Quote from: JJBers on February 16, 2018, 04:05:12 PM
If the mall is really gonna fall out, maybe I'll go to Maine this summer. I know the Augusta area somewhat well even after 7 years.

Whats the chances the mall will close? I am going Monday!