AMESFANCLUB
February 24, 2018, 03:55:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: |||||||||||||||||||||||||| RANDOM MESSAGE||||||||\\\\\\\\\\\///////////-JON

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bangor Mall looking for a tax break  (Read 124 times)
retailisking
Expert Member

« on: February 14, 2018, 02:53:34 PM »

As predicted, Simon has turned in the keys
http://bangordailynews.com/2018/02/14/business/bangor-mall-seeks-big-tax-break-as-temporary-owners-take-over/
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 03:07:22 PM by retailisking » Logged
danfifepsu

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 04:09:05 PM »

whatll happen to that mall?
ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 11:48:02 PM »

The same thing that'll happen to most dying shopping malls across the United States: the switch begins from traditional retail to mixed-use. Some shopping malls had success becoming mixed-use offering other stuff besides retail and restaurants, like entertainment, offices, and educational tenants.

Puente Hills Mall in Industry, California (the shopping mall that was made famous in the 1985 movie "Back to the Future" as Twin Pines Mall) is one example of a traditional shopping mall that was transformed into a mixed-use facility after JCPenney closed their location at that shopping mall in the mid 1990s. The JCPenney was large enough to divide between all kinds of retail/non-retail tenants like Round1 Bowling/Amusement, 24 Hour Fitness, Toys "R" Us (originally Circuit City) and Burlington.

danfifepsu

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 08:07:22 AM »

The same thing that'll happen to most dying shopping malls across the United States: the switch begins from traditional retail to mixed-use. Some shopping malls had success becoming mixed-use offering other stuff besides retail and restaurants, like entertainment, offices, and educational tenants.

Puente Hills Mall in Industry, California (the shopping mall that was made famous in the 1985 movie "Back to the Future" as Twin Pines Mall) is one example of a traditional shopping mall that was transformed into a mixed-use facility after JCPenney closed their location at that shopping mall in the mid 1990s. The JCPenney was large enough to divide between all kinds of retail/non-retail tenants like Round1 Bowling/Amusement, 24 Hour Fitness, Toys "R" Us (originally Circuit City) and Burlington.
why is the Maine Mall in same state thriving and few vacant stores while this mall is dying. What happens to most malls w 30 empty spots and 2 empty anchors
JJBers
Ames In their blood!

No Ames nearby since 2002...

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 03:05:12 PM »

If the mall is really gonna fall out, maybe I'll go to Maine this summer. I know the Augusta area somewhat well even after 7 years.

My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

danfifepsu

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 05:28:26 PM »

If the mall is really gonna fall out, maybe I'll go to Maine this summer. I know the Augusta area somewhat well even after 7 years.

Whats the chances the mall will close? I am going Monday!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: