SmartStyle Salon

Started by TheFugitive, November 16, 2015, 03:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFugitive

Located inside certain Walmart stores, another branch of the burgeoning REGIS Empire.

Went in there on Saturday to get a haircut as they had emailed a coupon to me.
2 stylists on duty, both with customers, so I waited.  After about 15 min. two more stylists came
into the shop to punch in for their shift.  So I thought I was about to get my haircut.

One of the stylists on duty, who was apparently in charge, stopped them and told them that they
had to wear a red shirt.  They asked "why?" and she told them that "Some bigwig from corporate is
coming in this afternoon and she is expecting EVERYONE to wear red.  They are going to take a picture.
You HAVE to wear red if you expect to work."

She told them to go out into the Super Walmart store and buy red shirts.  One protested that she had
no money.  The stylist in charge said "I'll lend you some."  Which she did, and these two stylists ventured out into the Super Walmart to buy red shirts.

Meanwhile I sat.  And more customers came in to wait.  Eventually one of the stylists on duty finished her customer and took me next, but the number waiting kept growing.  The two who were supposed to clock in were gone about half an hour, shopping for red shirts.

One of them protested on her way out that "this is stupid!"  I most heartily agree!

Something absolutely typical of my retail career in that these Regional VP's and senior execs were so
arrogant and full of themselves that their dictate from on high that employees wear a particular color
took precedence over EVERYTHING ELSE.  Including customer service!

Oh, and it took them about 15 tries to get the coupon they sent me to scan.

TheFugitive

Last week REGIS announced that they were closing 600 of these salons inside Walmart stores.

I hurried to the local branch at the West Mifflin Walmart to use my coupon.
The lady who cut my hair told me that their location is not closing.

TheFugitive

Went back to my local SmartStyle a few weeks ago to get my haircut for a wedding.
The older lady who generally does a nice job on my hair was not there.  Only one stylist
on duty, a twenty-something young chick with bright blue hair.

Against my better judgment I let her cut my hair.  And of course, she fubared my bangs.
In photos from that wedding I look like Alfalfa from The Little Rascals.  Let it grow out
and had it cut again elsewhere and they still aren't right.   :mad: