Stop and Shop bashing

Started by giantsfan2016, January 29, 2018, 08:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

The Stop and Shop where I used to work at 781 Pine Street in Bristol (Forestville) is bad.

1. The store needs an extreme makeover. They recently gave the Southington store a makeover.

2. Management there. They have a woman who's 60 years old doing carts. She doesn't want to do it any more. She says she too old. She's asked to be moved inside they won't. Another gal who does carts has trouble walking. She's another one who should be moved to a position in the store.

3. I went shopping there  yesterday and ran into my former boss. He tells me they fired one his best friends for stealing nine cents from the self-checkout. 9 effing cents! Their AP person should be watching customers instead of going after an employee who accidentily stole 9 cents. A customer forgot their change. He grabbed it to put it in the till and he got distracted by another customer needing assitance.

4. And of course the fact that they fired me. Two of my former bosses said I should've just gotten a suspension. The Union fought for me for 5 hours and they wouldn't change their mind. Plus I'm banned from working from any AHOLD owned store.

M.R.CALDOR

Quote from: Brammy on January 29, 2018, 08:18:26 PM
The Stop and Shop where I used to work at 781 Pine Street in Bristol (Forestville) is bad.

1. The store needs an extreme makeover. They recently gave the Southington store a makeover.

2. Management there. They have a woman who's 60 years old doing carts. She doesn't want to do it any more. She says she too old. She's asked to be moved inside they won't. Another gal who does carts has trouble walking. She's another one who should be moved to a position in the store.

3. I went shopping there  yesterday and ran into my former boss. He tells me they fired one his best friends for stealing nine cents from the self-checkout. 9 effing cents! Their AP person should be watching customers instead of going after an employee who accidentily stole 9 cents. A customer forgot their change. He grabbed it to put it in the till and he got distracted by another customer needing assitance.

4. And of course the fact that they fired me. Two of my former bosses said I should've just gotten a suspension. The Union fought for me for 5 hours and they wouldn't change their mind. Plus I'm banned from working from any AHOLD owned store.

BANNED?! Wow, what did you do that was that bad? And firing someone over 9 cents is extreme, this is why I vow to never work retail again, the pay is too little for a job that stresses you out a lot.

Bdubs

Employee moral is so bad now. They just keep cutting hours trying to save money, and run the employees left into the ground.
I worked my way up into management there for 8 years, while going to school and working their insane hours, and how did they thank me? By transferring me 30 miles away to another store, in the complete opposite direction of where I was going to school.
Most of the store management were jerkoffs, and dept managers were miserable, but I managed to make a few friends despite all the negativity there.
I avoid spending a dime in any of their stores, but the irony is that I now work for an outside vendor where this company is one of our largest customers! Lol.