Amoco gas stations are back!!!!

Started by Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill), January 28, 2018, 01:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shore72

I was upset to see them go in the first place; it was a stronger brand where I live than BP with a long-standing reputation for quality, cleaner-burning gasoline. (Well, at least if you listened to their advertising hype! Ignore the fact that the last leaded gas I know of locally was sold at an Amoco.) Prior to the buyout the only BP stations were a few tiny old outdated full-service outlets.

So, Gulf stations came back, Amoco is coming...wonder if we'll see Texaco again in my area?

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: shore72 on January 28, 2018, 11:34:49 PM
I was upset to see them go in the first place; it was a stronger brand where I live than BP with a long-standing reputation for quality, cleaner-burning gasoline. (Well, at least if you listened to their advertising hype! Ignore the fact that the last leaded gas I know of locally was sold at an Amoco.) Prior to the buyout the only BP stations were a few tiny old outdated full-service outlets.

So, Gulf stations came back, Amoco is coming...wonder if we'll see Texaco again in my area?
Texaco is owned by Chevron and the brand is exclusively used in Texas and other southern states for Chevron.

Not only does BP own Amoco, but they also own ARCO. I really hope BP opens a few Amoco stations in my area soon. They were just as popular in the Midwest as they were in other parts of the country. BP also owned Sohio and Boron, but I doubt those brands will ever come back.