Chi Chi's

Started by thedisneystore967, April 03, 2005, 09:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

here is a closed chi chi's in johnson city ny (Across the oakdale mall)

Ameskid

My Chi-Chi's was demolished and replaced by a Smokey Bones. SB is so much better! I am pretty sure that they kept the original post and/or sign, and just repainted it.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Caldor1999

were there any chi chi's inm westchster county ny or anywere near hear and dose anyone have any pics of one idd liek to see one
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

d_fife

there used to be ones in framington and west springfield mass

patk

so thats y chi chi's closed the one by me is now a Walgreens :goodidea:

EddieJ1984

The old Chi Chi's by Franklin Mills here in philly was on fire Jan 24th.
I don't think the cause of it has been reported yet.
heres a picture of it on fire from 6abc WPVI's website

And here's a pic I took today of what remains.

Pikapower

The Chi-Chi's on Maple road in Amherst, NY near North Bailey Ave. was knocked down for an IHOP.
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

zonemad96

Their is a used to be a restaurant in Westminster, MD that completely ripped off the Chi Chi's logo.

TheFugitive

Quote from: Caldor1999 on April 28, 2005, 03:42:16 PM
Chi Chi's is gone and the name Chi Chi's Means Boobs in Spanish:insane: i have no idea why someone would name it Boobs any way the closed in they filed for ch11 in 2003 and closed fro good in sep 2004 and im not suprised eather cause of all the Law sutes they got agest them beacuse of the hepatitis outbreak lol that would really bring a Chain out of bizz im just luckey i never ate there

I can explain.  My brother worked at one when they first opened.  One of their original owners was
Max McGee, former Green Bay Packers wide receiver, and MVP of Super Bowl I.  Mrs. McGee apparently
had some very large breasts, and McGee apparently decided based on that to go with the name Chi-Chi's.

Max McGee sadly passed away a few years ago when he fell while trying to clear snow off the roof of his home.

Hudsons81

This was the former Chi-Chi's in Southgate, Michigan. It lasted from the 1980's until 2003, when it was shuttered during a series of closures leading up to the chain's physical retail demise the following year. Later Malarkey's, it became Rosie O'Grady's in early 2014. Photo courtesy of the Downriver Things Flickr page.

TheFugitive

When I lived at home I shared a room with my brother.  He worked at Chi Chi's at the time.

After about a year of working in the Chi Chi's kitchen my brother began to actually
SMELL like a burrito.  That scent got into his clothes, into his hair, into his bloodstream...
even after changing and showering he smelled like a burrito!  He'd lift weights and start
to sweat....burrito!  It was really, really strange.

They apparently used some very powerful spices and seasonings that lingered on.
He had been working someplace else as a bartender for about six months before
the smell completely went away.

TheFugitive

I was talking to my brother the other day and he reminded me of this funny story from his days of working at ChiChi's.

As you would expect in a Mexican restaurant they used to order big plastic bags of pre-shredded lettuce to cut down on their prep time.  My brother was working in the kitchen when someone on the other side of the kitchen asked him to get him a bag of lettuce.

My brother took one out of the cooler and tossed it to him.  Unfortunately he tossed it a bit too high and it went up and made contact with a ceiling fan.

The bag immediately burst and the fan sent shredded lettuce flying all over the kitchen.

My brother was written-up by the shift manager for this.  He showed me a copy of the write-up he received.  What follows is a very accurate paraphrase.

"Bill threw a f***ing bag of f***ing lettuce into the f***ing ceiling fan in the middle of f***ing dinner rush.  It f***ing exploded and blew f***ing lettuce all over the f***ing kitchen.  It f***ing sucked."

I have to presume the guy meant it as a joke as I could not imagine he'd actually put something with all of those F-bombs into my brother's personnel file.