Main Menu

Mood Media playlists

Started by AmesNewington, February 14, 2018, 08:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmesNewington

Does anyone know of Mood Media (formerly known as Muzak), which provides music playlists to businesses and retail establishments? They offer many genres, along with my favorite, Classics and Decades, with single decade playlists and mixes such as Classic Hits, 7890, Ambrosia, and FM1. They used to have a long running program which became Classic Hits in early 2016 known as Jukebox Gold. It was the BEST playlist for those who loved a classic mix from the 50s through 1990. I hated to see it go. I got the store I used to work at to play it for the last year it was on. You could hear anything from Chuck Berry to Madonna. Hints of the old playlist still exist through Classic Hits, however, the variety and selections have drastically been reduced and its just too repetitive.

giantsfan2016

The same thing happened when Full Power Radio took over OLDIES 990 in Southington (now KOOL 990/96.1) in January 2016. They removed all the 50s music and replaced it with Eighties Music.

Unrelated Rant.

While I'm happy FPR continues to keep Oldies Music on the air in greater Hartford, it sucks what a cheap operation they are. Their computer crashes frequently often leaving 990/96.1 with dead air for hours on end. (I woke up at 6AM on New Years Day and they were running Dead Air. They didn't come back on the air until after 4PM).  They don't answer phone calls or emails. Most of the DJs they have on their stations are pre-recorded. (Voice-tracked is the radio industry term). Although the logo on their streams still says KOOL 1180 (their affiliate in Westerly, Rhode Island) and the URL of the stream still says WSKP (the Westerly affiliate), they switched the stream to 990 last year so if they are down or if its Sunday and they're running Italian programming and the Lutheran Church Mass there is no way to listen to Kool Radio unless you can pick up 1270 out of Springfield, Mass.

About 3 weeks ago whatever they use to record the Lutheran Church Mass crashed. I tuned to the station at 1:55, 5 mins before the Oldies Music returns and there is a guy with a heavy Italian accent speaking. "Kool Radio is experiencing Technical Difficulties. Join me next Sunday at 8:30AM as you have every Sunday since Columbus Day 1969 for Kool Radio Italian Style four and a half hours of the greatest Italian Music, Entertainment, and News live from the Solid Gold Studios in beautiful Southington, Connecticut." Then for about 2 mins there was a loud and annoying sound. Then the choir from the recorded Church Mass came on. That was abruptly cutoff at 2:01 and they potted up the Oldies Music in mid-song. (Potted up is another radio industry term. It means they gradually raise the volume level of a program, but usually potting up isn't done over the air).

I don't hear any of these technical problems with their other stations WMRQ 104.1 Waterbury/Hartford or WBMW 106.5 in Pawcatcuk/New London and WWRX 107.7 in Bradford/New London. They must just have cheap, old and outdated equipment at WNTY.

Now they're buying 102.9 The Whale and WDRC AM (along with AMers in Torrington and Meriden that also run WDRC-AM). They other AM that ran WDRC-AM, 1240-AM in Waterbury was sold to Trignition Media and flipped to Spanish CHR this week as a simulcast of Viva 107.3/840 which is located on Willard Ave in Newington.

Chuck E. Cheese

If It helps, they have an online stream. Starting to listen to that station more.