Main Menu

My only memory

Started by JJBers, November 08, 2017, 12:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJBers

Since I was born after Ames went bankrupt, I shouldn't technically have any memories shopping at Ames...which is right.
But I do remember the then abandoned Dayville Ames back in 2009ish. My dad was on his Blackberry talking about work, and I managed to slip out of the car and run around the area, with my mother chasing me around. I don't remember why we were there. Other than some Ames shopping carts in a Advance Auto Parts loading dock in downtown Willimantic, I have no memories of Ames.

I didn't even come here because of Ames. It was because of another failing discount retailer in the United States, who is rapidly closing stores as we speak.
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

MikeinBuffalo

I only have one. Ames closed up shop about 4 years after I came into the world. I remember going with my grandmother to the Ames #1097 Clarence, NY, to buy something (I don't remember what). I remember sitting in the green carts very well.
Bed Bath and Beyond grunt.
N.Y. Ames Pilgrimages completed: Medina #69, Alden #78, Collins #79, Tonawanda #251, Blasdell #1066, South Cheektowaga #1077 (RIP), Cheektowaga/Depew #1079, Buffalo #1109, Buffalo #1206 (RIP)
Dead Retail of Buffalo on my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141912098@N03/albums