An update about my foot

Started by giantsfan2016, November 06, 2017, 04:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

Some of you may remember that I mentioned I hurt my foot three weeks ago. It wasn't getting better. I finally got my free state of Connecticut Insurance Husky D over the weekend and today I went to the Urgent Care Center. I have what's called a metatarsal fracture. From the paperwork the gave me. -  A metatarsal fracture is a break in the bone of the same name. Metatarsal bones connect your toe to your ankle bone. One of the causes of the fracture is over use or repetitive exercise. As I've mentioned before I've been walking to or three times a day since the beginning of August. I have to wear a boot for a while and rest it.

This really sucks. I like walking everyday. I also was planning on making a few more inquiries about employment. I can't be making these inquiries with this thing on my foot.

giantsfan2016

I probably shouldn't be, but I've been taking the boot off my foot for a couple hours a day. I can't help it. I find it incredibly heavy. It's 8PM Friday Night and I have it off right now and my foot is killing me. My foot will probably end up never healing and I'll end up being injured for the rest of my life. And when I finally get a job and a car I'm going to have to get one of those blue placards from the DMV for my car.

MikeinBuffalo

Metatarsals suck. They don't heal fast because there is very little blood down there. Fear not, though. If Julio Jones and Sammy Watkins can heal from them, so can you  :-)
Bed Bath and Beyond grunt.
N.Y. Ames Pilgrimages completed: Medina #69, Alden #78, Collins #79, Tonawanda #251, Blasdell #1066, South Cheektowaga #1077 (RIP), Cheektowaga/Depew #1079, Buffalo #1109, Buffalo #1206 (RIP)
Dead Retail of Buffalo on my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141912098@N03/albums

giantsfan2016

I put the boot back on my foot at around 10PM last night and left it there until about 10AM this morning when it was time to do laundry, shave, and shower. I put it back on after putting on my clean clothes around Noon. Not much pain. Then I went grocery shopping with my Mom. This will be known as mistake number one. I should've used one of those electric scooters while I was at Stop and Shop. My foot (actually both of my feet) is in pain and they're still in pain now which is about 5:42PM Saturday.

giantsfan2016

Monday update. Less pain today. I didn't wear the boot most of today. Was able to walk around the Southington library okay. The little IGA Store in Plainville too. Started hurting a little bit when we went to ShopRite. Got the boot on now however.

giantsfan2016

My foot was feeling better, so again I took the both off on Tuesday. (I actually slept without it Sunday Night). Yesterday I ran from the office to the bathroom, I don't like using the bathroom in the office my foot started hurting again. Then today after getting home from shopping at Stop and Shop I put the boot back on.