KB-Toys is coming back in 2018

Started by Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill), March 19, 2018, 10:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJBers

My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

JJBers

My Flickr

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

They're starting with pop-up stores, similar to Calendar Club or Spirit Halloween for the KB Toys revival. If they do well, maybe they'll become a permanent fixture in any shopping mall or strip mall found across the United States. Maybe they'll open larger locations inside former Toys "R" Us stores in the future...

danfifepsu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on March 20, 2018, 02:07:59 AM
They're starting with pop-up stores, similar to Calendar Club or Spirit Halloween for the KB Toys revival. If they do well, maybe they'll become a permanent fixture in any shopping mall or strip mall found across the United States. Maybe they'll open larger locations inside former Toys "R" Us stores in the future...
for real?

MikeinBuffalo

Bed Bath and Beyond grunt.
N.Y. Ames Pilgrimages completed: Medina #69, Alden #78, Collins #79, Tonawanda #251, Blasdell #1066, South Cheektowaga #1077 (RIP), Cheektowaga/Depew #1079, Buffalo #1109, Buffalo #1206 (RIP)
Dead Retail of Buffalo on my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141912098@N03/albums

BillyGr

Seems that they have a sensible plan. 
Start with stores opening in the time period that people are most looking for toys (the months prior to the Christmas holiday). 
Starting with smaller spaces (less costly) to see how it goes. 
Possibly (as mentioned in one of the articles) picking up items at a good deal that were made and planned to go to Toys R Us (which would allow them to offer these at a price point that would be more competitive with the online options).
Also possibly picking up some of those items that were designed specifically for Toys R Us (thus being able to offer items that aren't found everywhere - another way to better compete with other options out there).

danfifepsu

Quote from: BillyGr on March 20, 2018, 10:17:44 AM
Start with stores opening in the time period that people are most looking for toys (the months prior to the Christmas holiday). 
Possibly (as mentioned in one of the articles) picking up items at a good deal that were made and planned to go to Toys R Us (which would allow them to offer these at a price point that would be more competitive with the online options).
Also possibly picking up some of those items that were designed specifically for Toys R Us (thus being able to offer items that aren't found everywhere - another way to better compete with other options out there).

What of having a toy store again? I would like to see one do what Toys r us didnt do: in store experience and play areas. Toys r us was but it was TOO LATE.

Quote from: danfifepsu on March 20, 2018, 01:11:34 PM

What of having a toy store again? I would like to see one do what Toys r us didnt do: in store experience and play areas. Toys r us was but it was TOO LATE.

Just be glad KB is coming back.

JJBers

This KB Toys is presumably going to be even smaller than the 2009 KB.
My Flickr

danfifepsu

Quote from: JJBers on March 21, 2018, 07:53:58 AM

what???

JJBers

Quote from: danfifepsu on March 21, 2018, 08:07:25 AM

what???
They're not even going to start in a acutal store. They're starting in a kisok.
Nevermind, they're going to be in temporary space.
My Flickr

Quote from: JJBers on March 21, 2018, 11:02:35 AM
Quote from: danfifepsu on March 21, 2018, 08:07:25 AM

what???
They're not even going to start in a acutal store. They're starting in a kisok.
Nevermind, they're going to be in temporary space.
Pop-up stores are temporary spaces. I bet that any space that used to be a DEB or a Radio Shack or a Payless ShoeSource or another mall-based retailer that bit the dust will possibly become a KB Toys this holiday season. If possible, they might become permanent tenants if successful.

danfifepsu

I hope its better than those DINKY TOY DEPARTMENTS At WAlmart and Target.

DefunctStoreKing

Erik "Taz" Mokracek

http://tazsnewforums.proboards37.com/index.cgi
Everyone Can Join My Message Board

Defunct Store Yahoogroup Maker Since 2007

Randy Amasia (October 9, 1957-December 12, 2001)

David Zinkin (November 19, 1970-August 13, 2008)

http://classix.110mb.com
My Webpage