Struggling Ruby Tuesday bought by private equity firm for $335 million

Started by retailisking, October 16, 2017, 12:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retailisking

Zayre88

Quote from: retailisking on October 16, 2017, 12:34:47 PM
I hope the first order of business for the new owner is to get rid of the garden bar surcharge
http://www.nrn.com/mergers-acquisitions/nrd-capital-buys-struggling-ruby-tuesday

It's been a while since I have visited a Ruby Tuesday.  Last time they somehow were out of ribs... how can this happen?

What is that surcharge?

JJBers

There's one in the parking lot of the local Walmart, it's ok, but I would rather eat at Wendy's nearby than there.
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

giantsfan2016

As I mentioned previously in the Ruby Tuesday thread the one in Southington, CT closed in January 2015. I never went there, so I didn't even miss it when they closed. I ate there once many years ago at the Meriden Square Mall location with a now former friend of mine. Food wasn't that great and it was expensive. $40 for two people to have lunch and neither one of us had alcoholic drinks.

BillyGr

Quote from: Zayre88 on October 16, 2017, 07:19:06 PM
Quote from: retailisking on October 16, 2017, 12:34:47 PM
I hope the first order of business for the new owner is to get rid of the garden bar surcharge
http://www.nrn.com/mergers-acquisitions/nrd-capital-buys-struggling-ruby-tuesday

It's been a while since I have visited a Ruby Tuesday.  Last time they somehow were out of ribs... how can this happen?

What is that surcharge?

I think he meant there is an extra cost to add the salad bar to a meal (where at one point it was included, if II remember correctly).

TheFugitive

The former Ruby Tuesday location in the Century III Mall is now a Mexican restaurant
called Old Mexico.  However, the owners have purchased an old Chinese restaurant
about 3/4 mile up the road, and will be moving out of the mall once renovations
are finished.

TheFugitive

For the time being Old Mexico remains at its current location in the former
Ruby Tuesday at Century III Mall.

With much fanfare it had been announced that the owners had acquired a former
Chinese restaurant on PA Route 51 about a mile away, and would be moving.
Renovations were well underway when it was discovered that the main sewer line
leading out of the building had collapsed.  That is a very expensive repair and it
seems that renovation work on the building has stopped.