Gwinnett Place Mall Video- dying but not quite dead

Started by dmx10101, November 29, 2018, 08:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmx10101

Gwinnett Place Mall is in Duluth, GA, a northern suburb of Atlanta. It opened in 1984 but present day its dying and almost dead. 2 of the 5 anchors are vacant, one wing off the mall is walled off, a dead body was found sitting in the former food court for over 2 weeks last year and one wing of the mall was closed off and transformed for the filming of season 3 of Stranger Things.

I am starting a new YouTube series called the Fall of the Mall and the first episode is about the Gwinnett Place Mall, you can watch it here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4U-FMqkT44 Check it out, I put a lot of effort into making it interesting and detailed!
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

TheFugitive

Quote from: dmx10101 on November 29, 2018, 08:29:08 PM
a dead body was found sitting in the former food court for over 2 weeks last year

Seriously?  That lends a whole new meaning to the term "dead mall".

Of all the terrible things that have happened to Century III at least THAT hasn't
happened thusfar.

dmx10101

I have a new short video out on Gwinnett Place. It was shot on a Friday night when most malls would be packed. Gwinnett Place..not so much. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEwwp76KNKI
Retail World on Youtube
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

TheFugitive

Investors are supposedly interested in purchasing the Gwinnett Place Mall and tearing it down in order to build a 20,000 seat cricket stadium.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt--politics/gwinnett-place-mall-might-sold-and-become-cricket-stadium/xUuOy1NqX94VlhaT2kHqUK/

(Cricket is a baseball-like game that is popular throughout certain parts of the former British Empire, South Asia, South Africa and Australia)

The same investors are trying to organize an eight-team professional cricket league in North America.

The article makes mention of the fact that Gwinnett Place is owned by Moonbeam Capital, the same firm that owns Century III Mall.  Apparently local officials in both places are completely fed-up with them.

dmx10101

Yea and also evidently the owner of Moonbeam has ties to the company that wants to build the stadium it says, so it probably won't happen like all of Moonbeams other promises.
Retail World on Youtube
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Gwinett Place Mall will be featured in season 3 of the Netflix series, Stranger Things as the Starcourt Mall, a fictional shopping mall in the equally-fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana.

dmx10101

Quote from: ShopKoFan on March 29, 2019, 09:21:22 PM
Gwinett Place Mall will be featured in season 3 of the Netflix series, Stranger Things as the Starcourt Mall, a fictional shopping mall in the equally-fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana.

Yes I created a website with pictures and info I took of the set.. StarcourtMall.com
Retail World on Youtube
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org