Pittsburgh's COZI affiliate to cease broadcasting October 25

Started by TheFugitive, October 13, 2017, 12:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFugitive

WEPA, the Pittsburgh low-power station that carries COZI, Retro TV and MOVIES!, will
cease operations on October 25.

http://www.wepatvpittsburgh.com/

They sold their channel in the spectrum auction and will be shutting down.
WINP, the local iON station, will move to OTA channel 16 being vacated by WEPA
(which is ironically where it used to be as an analog station).  WINP's current OTA
channel, 38, will then be freed-up for wireless broadband use.

Unknown where or if these channels will resurface on the Pittsburgh dial.

TheFugitive

We still don't have COZI in Pittsburgh, but Movies! has returned on low-power WOSC 61.2.
61.3 is BUZZR.

TheFugitive

And COZI is now coming back to Pittsburgh.   It will be picked-up by WTAE-TV
on Jan. 1, replacing ThisTV on 4.2

Only drawbacks are that WTAE interrupted ThisTV every day at 7PM for a replay of
the WTAE news, and frequently interrupted the schedule to show college basketball.

Likely they will do the same to COZI.

giantsfan2016

COZI's new schedule starts next week. If the continue to pre-empt programming at 7PM it's going to be The Nanny. If it was me that would piss me off, but I don't live in the market so I don't care. LOL.

TheFugitive

Sure enough, last night at 7 The Nanny had been pre-empted for a replay of the WTAE news.

deerwrecker2017

Quote from: TheFugitive on January 09, 2018, 12:45:46 PM
Sure enough, last night at 7 The Nanny had been pre-empted for a replay of the WTAE news.

Actually the 7:00 PM newscast that was shown was a new one not a repeat and yes they do produce a actual 7:00 PM newscast as well as Pittsburgh Cable News Channel (PCNC) which had done so (Just posting this as a common courtesy to everybody else registered on this forum).

Also regarding the subject of this thread Movies! can now be seen on WSOC-CD Channel 26.2 (Virtual Channel 61.2) although it's not carried on Cable or either Direct TV or Dish (Can't say if Verizon Fios carries it since it's not available in my neighborhood or the municipality I live in).