AMESFANCLUB
November 19, 2017, 11:33:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 11/19/17 - Progress is happening slowly today. I feel a little off today (I think its the weather). I'm also been reading through topics as I've been moving them to the proper place. I will get there slowly, but surely. (Don't call me Shirley. LOL). Sorry for the inconvenience.  - Thanks. - Brammy - marcpb1982@gmail.com

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Teddy Ruxpin coming back  (Read 131 times)
Brammy
Administrator
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« on: September 13, 2017, 09:50:26 AM »

Walmart posted on their Facebook Page that Teddy Ruxpin is coming back. I never had one and I thought they were creepy. The only time I thought that thing was cool was several years back when a 20-something year old friend of mine had his old one from when he was a kid and he put a Black Sabbath cassette into it. Even though Sabbath's music isn't my cup of soda, it was still really cool to see the bear "singing" Sabbath.

I just did a google search and it's available at other retailers besides Walmart.

https://www.google.com/search?q=teddy+ruxpin+2017&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

~Marc B~
Southington, Connecticut
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 09:07:10 AM »

I remember the Christmas when they were the hottest toy of the season and people were stampeding the stores for them.

The Pastor of my church gave an anti-materialism homily where he was literally screaming from the pulpit that "Christmas is NOT a TALKING BEAR!!!!"

He got so agitated that my brothers and I still snicker about it, all these years later.
Brammy
Administrator
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 12:14:38 PM »

Funny you should mention pastors and the talking bear. In the raunchy Seth McMarlane movie "TED" the little boy wished his teddy bear could come to life and there was a scene on the TV with a TV pastor shouting (regarding the teddy bear coming to life) "Look what Jesus did! Look what Jesus did!"

~Marc B~
Southington, Connecticut
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: