Teddy Ruxpin coming back

Started by giantsfan2016, September 13, 2017, 10:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

Walmart posted on their Facebook Page that Teddy Ruxpin is coming back. I never had one and I thought they were creepy. The only time I thought that thing was cool was several years back when a 20-something year old friend of mine had his old one from when he was a kid and he put a Black Sabbath cassette into it. Even though Sabbath's music isn't my cup of soda, it was still really cool to see the bear "singing" Sabbath.

I just did a google search and it's available at other retailers besides Walmart.

https://www.google.com/search?q=teddy+ruxpin+2017&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

TheFugitive

I remember the Christmas when they were the hottest toy of the season and people were stampeding the stores for them.

The Pastor of my church gave an anti-materialism homily where he was literally screaming from the pulpit that "Christmas is NOT a TALKING BEAR!!!!"

He got so agitated that my brothers and I still snicker about it, all these years later.

giantsfan2016

Funny you should mention pastors and the talking bear. In the raunchy Seth McMarlane movie "TED" the little boy wished his teddy bear could come to life and there was a scene on the TV with a TV pastor shouting (regarding the teddy bear coming to life) "Look what Jesus did! Look what Jesus did!"