Main Menu

Ames near me

Started by standa, August 29, 2017, 01:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

standa

I thought we could post a photo of what an Ames near us looks like now.

I am posting the one that was in my town, Hamden, CT

photo is from DLC Management

giantsfan2016

The one in Southington, Connecticut can be seen in the link below. Bed, Bath Beyond and Bob's Furniture are where AMES was.

https://www.rkcenters.com/rk-queen-plaza/

The plaza was built in the 60s. The Radio Shack seen in the picture which just closed a few months ago was the last original tenant in the plaza. AMES was ZAYRE. The TJ MAXX was a small ShopRite which closed in 1993. Going back to the early days of the plaza at least part of the Dollar Tree was a 2 screen movie theater. Guitar Center was a Fashion Bug and a pet store. Guitar Center took 2 empty spaces.

JJBers

Mine was located inside a mall, and is currently a Kohl's...since I was 2 years old (aka 2005).
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

TheFugitive

Ames in Bethel Park, PA, in a shopping plaza along PA Route 88. As you can see it is now a Walmart store (one of the smaller footprints you'll ever find in one of those). This was originally a GC Murphy Mart which converted to an Ames when GC Murphy was acquired in 1985. As an Ames it also housed a regional office, which is where I had my interview when they hired me into management. As an Ames it had a really nice glass atrium at the entrance which let in a lot of natural light. For some reason Walmart decided to ditch this when they did the remodel. This Walmart location carries a very limited grocery selection due to a deal that was cut with the plaza owner to protect the Giant Eagle supermarket next-door.