New study - 2nd born children more likely to be criminals

Started by giantsfan2016, July 24, 2017, 05:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

I saw an interesting article the other day (that I can't find now) that stated that 2nd born children are more likely to be criminals.

Both of my parents were second born children. Neither one of them ever did anything criminal. In fact my dad was the son of a New Britain Police detective. The only "criminal" thing he did (and I don't consider it criminal which is why it's quotes) is he had fast cars as a teenager/young man and he use to speed all over New Britain in them.

As for other people I know:

In one family I know while he hasn't been arrested (yet) the younger brother (second born child) sells drugs. (Not just harmless s h i t like weed. I mean hardcore s h i t too like cocaine and heroin). Truthfully his older brother was arrested once, but he has a clean criminal record. It was just minor bull s h i t. (He was driving one night and got up in a mandatory seat-belt checkpoint. - Something Southington is famous for - particularly towards the end of the month. He wasn't worried as he was wearing his seat-belt (lucky for him as sometimes he doesn't). The cop smelled weed and asked to search the car. Not having anything on him (or in his car) and not smoked anything since his break at work six hours earlier he gave permission to search his car. Unfortunately the cops found a baggie in the back seat that had once contained weed. One of his friends left a surprise for him. He was arrested for procession of paraphernalia).

In another family the 2nd born child also a younger brother has no criminal history. He was some "issues" upstairs, but never has done anything illegal. (He's also a vindictive little s h i t, who "back stabbed" one of his friends because he was smoking weed at his own house. He literally called the cops, but didn't know his friend's address. And I sure as hell wasn't going to give him the address. He's also an ungrateful little s h i t as well. Prior to that incident the friend has a few people over one summer afternoon including myself. His family decided to have a cookout. The friend told me to call the guy and invite him over telling him that one of us would pick him up. You know what he said? No. Hotdogs and hamburgers aren't exciting to me. He's also a sneaky little frickin stuff too. I was getting to know this lady. Her family owned a nightclub. And I was waiting to get a beer from her I overheard her inviting another customer to a party at her house. When I got my beer from her I said to her. It's nice that you invited so and so to your party. She told me she has the party every year. So then I tell my friend that and he's like I'm going to find a way to get there and crash that party).

Another family I know. The 2nd born child. I don't know if he was ever arrested, but I do know he was a teenager in the 70s he used to drink underage. And he used to engage in minor mayhem.

And another. The 2nd born child. (Now deceased). I don't recall if he ever got arrested, but when he was a teenager he used to skip school a lot, used hardcore drugs (in addition to harmless weed), and once stole the family mini van when he was 14 or 15. (He got caught by his father because as he was driving the van down Main Street in New Britain he passed his father driving up Main Street in the opposite direction and he honked the horn and waved).

And another. This time both the 1st born and 2nd born are girls. Neither of them has been involved in criminal activity.

zonemad96

I've read articles that said the first born is usually the most intelligent so it makes sense that the less intelligent is more likely to commit crimes. I was born 20 years after my brother and I'm certainly less intelligent then he is, I dropped out of high school and overall I'll admit that I'm not too bright, but I'm not a criminal. In my opinion one of the most valuable things in life is common sense and self awareness, you can have all the book smarts in the world but if you don't have those two things you're screwed.

Honestly though there are so many factors that determine how a person will end up that it hurts my brain to even think about it :D

TheFugitive

I am the oldest, so I wouldn't know.

None of my brothers are criminals, so they don't know either.

There was a family down the street where I grew up where the kids
were ALL criminals.  (Except for one, and I believe he was the 4th. born
out of 5).