Sinclair Wants Back in on Kids' TV

Started by Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill), June 22, 2017, 03:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Sinclair Wants Back in on Kids' TV
The group will launch a three-hour children's block across platforms this summer

May 03, 2017 11:33 AM ET

By Diana Marszalek

QuoteSinclair Broadcast Group is trying to recapture some of the children’s programming business local broadcasters have largely ceded to cable.

Starting July 1, the group will air three hours of children’s programming daily across linear and digital platforms. The multicast network ThisTV will air the block, called KidsClick, as well as Sinclair-owned affiliates.

KidsClick will air from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. Monday through Friday, and 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. The block will include long and short-form programs, Sinclair said.

In discussing the initiative on their 1Q earnings call Wednesday, Sinclair executives said the venture is a chance to reach young viewers – as well as capture some of the billion-dollar business currently going to cable channels such as Nickelodeon.

Local TV had a lock on children’s programming until roughly 18 years ago, they said.

Saturday morning cartoons are finally coming back to broadcast TV!

More info on KidsClick can be found here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KidsClick

Pikapower

Now if only the FCC would start having more relaxed rules on OTA children's programming regarding E/I content.
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

Quote from: Pikapower on June 25, 2017, 11:25:25 AM
Now if only the FCC would start having more relaxed rules on OTA children's programming regarding E/I content.
The Sinclair TV owned stations would preempt their E/I programming for this new block, so they'll still be able to air their E/I content, be it Litton, etc. with no trouble.

Tomorrow morning at 5:00 AM, KidsClick starts airing their first Saturday morning cartoon block.

Weekdays
6:00AM Sonic X
6:30AM Max Steel (2013 series)
7:00AM Angry Birds
7:30AM Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir
8:00AM Rocket Monkeys
8:30AM Super 4

Weekends
7:00AM RoboCop: Alpha Commando
7:30AM Sonic X
8:00AM Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
8:30AM Scary Larry
9:00AM Pink Panther and Pals
9:30AM Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures

Schedule varies by local station.

My Sinclair-owned CW affiliate opted to split the KidsClick block up on Saturday, airing the first four shows early in the morning before Litton's One Magnificent Morning, then airing the remaining two cartoons afterwards in the afternoon.

giantsfan2016

I wonder if this will be added to the Tribune stations once the Sinclair-Tribune marriage is approved.

If so in Hartford it will likely end up on WCCT-TV 20 (CW) since FOX 61 WTIC-TV has news 4AM-10AM. In NYC most likely PIX 11 would air the weekend version only since they have news on 5AM-9AM.

KidsClick is also found on the digital subchannel ThisTV.