lowe's in bloomfield CT

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
lowe's in bloomfield CT

more bloomfield one

d_fife

her eis the lowe's in plainville ct

d_fife

here is the soon to open lowe's in danbury CT as of july 21, 2006 and on federal st

d_fife

here is the soon to open lowe's in danbury CT as of july 21, 2006 and on federal st

more in danbury CT

d_fife

lowe's in manchester ct and it is across a home depot and near the mall.

lowe's sign and building in manchester ct

back of manchester ct one

d_fife

sign of newington ct one

d_fife

as of august 4, 2006 here is the coming soon sign for lowe's in wallingford ct in the old wal-mart and across home depot.

d_fife

as of august 4, 2006 here is the coming soon sign for lowe's in wallingford ct in the old wal-mart and across home depot.

lowes construction in wallingford

d_fife

d_fife

Zayre88

the sign of the plaza saying lowe's and coming soon sticker as of January 4, 2006. this is in portland maine in pine tree plaza

The pylon sign today with Lowe's instead ofAmes/Shaw's.  At least they did not changed the name of the shopping center to a "Crossings, Marketplace or Commons..."

d_fife

lowe's in ashtabula oh

d_fife

lowe's in ashtabula oh

ashtabla oh

d_fife

lowe's under construction in warren pa as of june 9, 2006

Marc82

Lowe's is going to build a store on the site of the former Milford Jai-alai in Milford, CT. Two unnamed restaurants and a Hilton Garden INN will be built there as well.

http://www.nhregister.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17738995&BRD=1281&PAG=461&dept_id=566835&rfi=6

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
Lowe's is going to build a store on the site of the former Milford Jai-alai in Milford, CT. Two unnamed restaurants and a Hilton Garden INN will be built there as well.

http://www.nhregister.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17738995&BRD=1281&PAG=461&dept_id=566835&rfi=6

Heard about that last month and was there this past summer (it's right across from Toys R Us on Old Gate Lane). Just what we need: another cookie-cutter Lowes.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

videogamer75

Heres the Lowe's in Sicklerville, NJ. Opened 2006 according to a sign near the entrance.

Marc82

The Lowes Website says the new Southington, CT store will be opening soon. I've heard it may already be open. Not sure. Haven't had the chance to go up there to see if it's there.

DerangedHermit

The East Patchogue, NY store just opened last week on the site of a former shopping center that had Caldor, Rite Aid/Eckerd/Genovese and Pergament. Nothing particularly special about it except being sparkling brand new in a run down town.

Marc82

New Southington Lowes. Opened 2/2/09. Located off West Street (Route 229) on Executive BLVD South in Target Plaza near The Hartford Insurance Comapny. Pic taken today 2/23/09.

Marc82

New Southington Lowes. Opened 2/2/09. Located off West Street (Route 229) on Executive BLVD South in Target Plaza near The Hartford Insurance Comapny. Pic taken today 2/23/09.

Marc82

One of the signs on the property for the new Lowes.

CTAmeshopper

Lowe's is about almost done with building their store in Torrington, last time I looked they had the walls up, haven't been there that recently though.

wwefan101

they want to buld nare me but  ther plans never work out       home depot is beter anways

videogamer75

Some Lowe's in Canada now have in-store Subway restaurants!

http://www.lowes.ca/locator/default.aspx

AmesNewington

Marc: It looks like Southington is booming. It seems to have come a long way since I last saw it last time I went to Price Chopper there in 2007. Wish I could see the town now.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Marc82 on February 23, 2009, 02:07:23 PM
New Southington Lowes.

After being open for nearly 19 months I finally had the chance to go inside the Southington Lowe's for the first time this past Friday August 27th. While I didn't explore a lot of the store it seems like it's nice than the one in nearby Plainville. Then again it could be because the Southington store is a much newer store.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: AmesNewington on February 23, 2009, 05:33:15 PM
Marc: It looks like Southington is booming. It seems to have come a long way since I last saw it last time I went to Price Chopper there in 2007. Wish I could see the town now.

Chris, Southington is booming. (I wish Bristol was).

A brand new bakery just opened in a plaza on Queen Street near the Plainville town-line next to an auto-repair shop.

A new office building is under construction on Queen Street next to another office building which is next to the Kitchen Cabinet Outlet next to Cumberland Farms.

Across the street a convenience store opened in the long vacant former Pattenbrook Diner. Business was good, but exploded once they got their liquor permit.

The AMES Plaza is completely leased. A consignment shop called Wild 2 Go opened in the former Dollar Tree. (DT took over the old Joanne's in 2005). And the spot vacated by Play it Again Sports (which moved to the plaza behind Taco Bell) was quickly filled by Toys R Us Express.

Puerto-Vallarta Mexican Restaurant is building an outdoor patio for outdoor dining.

The former Shaw's Plaza is down to 2 vacancies. The former Bernie's and the former KB Toys. SHoprite is building a new store where the Shaw's was. And Moe's Southwest Grill is opening in the former Strawberries Music Shop.

In the Plaza behind Taco Bell Play It Again Sports moved into the former York Carpet & Tile store. 2 vacancies remain - a Nextel Store which has been vacant since 2005 and a Marbleslab Creamery Ice Cream store. Marbleslab didn't last very long.

BJ's Wholesale is building a store on Spring Street. It's next to the Staples/Chilis - close to Public Storage. Also further up Spring Street closer to the residential area and closer to 229 (West Street) they want to build some sort of indoor sports complex.

Rite-Aid built a store on the site of the former Southington Chevy - directly opposite the on/off ramp ti I-84 East. Next door Valenti's bought the Jaguar Dealership from Stephen's and moved it to Hartford because they didn't want Rite Aid as a neighbor. It's one of the view vacancies on Queen Street.

Across the street is undeveloped land that is For Sale.

The motel in back of the former Bickford's is now called The Red Carpet Inn. They claim to be under new ownership and management. Meanwhile the former Bickford's which was sold to the Gold Roc Diner of West Hartford was leased to the owners of The Wood N Tap Restaurant who opened a Mexican Restaurant their called AGAVE. Wood N Tap then closed that down and opened TD Homer's a Sports Bar in 2009.

Dunkin Donut's built a store on the property that before that was Mitchell's Used Auto Sales. (And long before that Southington Daewoo and way before that Queen Street Automotive).

Across the street from Price Chopper Ericka's Restaurant closed down. That parcel of land including the adjacent small strip mall and Webster bank and property on Loper Street are for sale to be redeveloped as one parcel of land.

The former Hollywood Video is for sale or lease on an out parcel of land in the plaza with Wendy's, Job Lot, Better Bedding, etc.

Fish and Chops a seafood restaurant opened in the former Ponderosa Steak House. I haven't been there, but I've hard good and bad about them.

V.I.P. an adult oriented store opened in the former Ethan Allen Furniture Building. They sell liniguire, lotions, some DVDs, and adult gag gifts some of which can be found at Spencer's at any mall.

In the Walmart Plaza Fuji Japanese Steakhouse opened in early 08. And Star Nails moved into a larger store front and began offering more services. 2 vacancies including Star Nails former location.

A consignment shop called Uptown Consignment opened in the plaza known as the Oak Hill Mall where El Sombrero Mexican Restaurant is located. An Indian restaurant opened in June 2010 in the same plaza. - While I haven't there it's about time a different type of restaurant opened in Southington.

And finally for Queen Street - a new owner of the building that once housed Jiffy Lube evicted them in early 2010, claiming they had a new tenant. - 7 months later it's still vacant.

Moving over to West Street Wrapshody Bistro the restaurant that opened in the former McDonald's across the street from ESPN closed down in June. It wasn't even open a year.

A Gas Station with a convenience store and a Dunkin Donuts is planned for undeveloped land next to Kizil's Restaurant.

Plans for 2 hotels have been canceled due to the down-turn in the economy.

The Hartford Insurance Company near Target closed down or relocated, though AARP Insurance which is part of The Hartford is still there.

And a yet to be named restaurant is supposedly gonna be starting construction soon in the Target Plaza.

One more rumor is that Ruby Tuesday's in the Ames Plaza on Queen Street may close down next year.

ynkeesfn82

Lowe's has shuttered its 2 year old Meriden, Connecticut store. It wasn't profitable.

http://www.myrecordjournal.com/meriden/article_cb4b26f4-c742-11e0-b060-001cc4c002e0.html

If you want my opinion it was too close to their Wallingford Store.