Lowe's

Started by d_fife, June 22, 2005, 05:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

Lowe's is in SUPER SUPER SUPER EXPANSION MODe. THEY ARE EVEN PLANNING ON BUILDING IN CANADA. Lowe's does not have a store in state (NEW HAMPSHIRE YET) but will next month. THE COMPANY WEBSITE SAYS THEY ARE OPENING ONE IN SEABROOK NEXT WEEK. And 3 weeks ago I saw one under cosntruction in Epping a few weeks ago and it opened early SEptember 2005. And I saw one under cosntruction in Bedford NH that opened October 2005. They want to put a store in MY TOWN (PLYMOUTH NH), on cornfields on Tenny Mountain HWy (A SUPER WAL-mart is on that road and it opened in late OCtober 2002) across the hatch plaza (plaza with Hannaford, a vacant Ames (I worked at that ames), a vacant True value hardware, Olympia sports, radio shack and laconia bank) and BUrger King (That opened in 2003). They are going to build a lowe's in Tilton NH (IT IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND WILL OPEN IN JANUARY 2006) and Gilford NH (about 9 miles from each other). I SAW ON UNDER CONSTRUCTION IN OCTOBER 2005 and it will probably open in FEburary 2006, and they are going to build a Lowe's in Claremont NH (A Home depot just opened there and in August 2005 I saw them dig up the foundation and it will open early 2006) and in North Conway (Where they will demolish part of the mall and Home depot wants to build down the road), and want to build in Littleton NH (A home Depot just opened there) and in HOokset NH (down the road from a plaza with TArget and HOme DEpot) and want to build in Greenland in a plaza with TArget that the town is fighting and want to build in Concord NH by rebuilding the old Bradlees building.  AGAIN THEY WANT TO BUILD IT IN MY TOWN. An AGway is like on the other side of the artery (of Highland street and TEnny Mountain HWY. The Shaw's plaza in Nashua taht is abandoned will be torn down to be rebuilt into Lowe's and that plaza is on a hill on DAniel wbester Hwy. A lowe's is proposed in this plaza in Rochester.

They have one under construction in Portland Maine where they are redeveloping Pine Tree Plaza. the company website said they are building one in North Windham (A home depot is building there too), and had opened ones in Auburn and Brunswick maine, and want to build in Augusta and Biddeford, by Target and in Scarboro Maine. They are talking about building one in Presque Isle where the old Cinema was.

The website said they are going to build a second one in WArwick Rhode island. In mass they are trying to build in Hadley (where Home depot wants to build), Framingham in the old Varision wireless and THAT WILL OPEN IN Early 2006, Leominster, North Adams, Saugus, and Plainville (Across Target) and will build in this plaza in WAreham.

I HAve noticed one trend, where Lowe's or Home depot opens, lowe's or HOme Depot tends to try to follow the other

I first saw a Lowe's in 2001, in Danvers MA and it was different than a Home Depot.

Lowe's entered us over 5 years ago. The website said the came to CT in 1998, in MA in 2000, in RI in 2001. They have been trying to build on in SOuth Burlington VT, near the Kmart Plaza and when I went  by it in July 2005 it said future site for Lowe's and it is currently being in a fight in court due to stormwater stuff and probably will open in 2007 at earliest.

I have seen these Lowe's: Ma; Danvers, Woburn, Kingston, Weymouth, Springfield, Milford, Raynham, WOrcester, North ATtleboro, Brockton, Westboro (it was under construction then): NY; Queensbury, Plattsburgh and SAratoga: RI; Woonsocket, Warwick and Cranston: NH; Bedford, Epping, SEabrook,  and I saw the ones in Amherst, Claremont and Tilton under construction

I have a picture of a random lowe's I got off google images.

jmn3

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
They're planning to build in Torrington Parkade RIGHT where the former Torrington Ames is!

A LOWES DOESN'T BELONG THERE!

How come?

jmn3

How Come a Lowes doesn't belong there or how come they are building a Lowes?

what do you mean by "how come"

BTW the plan to build a Lowes there isn't definate yet.

Why doesn't Lowe's belong there?  Surely, a thriving business is better than a vacant building?

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by jmn3
How Come a Lowes doesn't belong there or how come they are building a Lowes?

what do you mean by "how come"

BTW the plan to build a Lowes there isn't definate yet.

Why doesn't Lowe's belong there?  Surely, a thriving business is better than a vacant building?

the lowe's tearing down these Ames stores is better than nothing adn a better use, like it says torrington has no Home depot.

lowe's website says LOwe's in Portland opens the 1st or 2nd quarter of 2006.

YESTERDAY I DROVE IN TILTON NH and saw the construction of lowe's starting, they are currently digging up the ground. Lowe's is being built near Agway west of Wal-mart.

Lowe's will open for the first time in NH next week: in Seabrook NH, and epping will open later this summer, and Bedford will open this fall, tilton maybe very very late this year/ early next year, Amherst early next year, Claremont next spring, the one in North conway nh (Being built by tearing down most of the dead MT. valley mall), maybe next year or 07, trying to build one in this plaza in greenland, plymouth NH is currently being proposed and built on cornfields in Tenny mt highway (I live in plymouth) and will probably not open until 07, Gilford one will be built where the Lakes REgion plaza was and they are diging up the ground and may not open until 07 or 08, they are trying to build one in Concord where the old Bradlees/JCepnny was and that may not open until next year or the year after that, Littleton nh is in the planning stages, hooksett nh is in the planning stages and will be built by the new wal-mart.  One will be built in Nashua where the old Shaw's plaza was on the hill.

In maine Brunswick and Auburn opened earlier this year, the are buildign one in Windham maine near the windham mall and across a Home depot that is also under construction and may open late this year/early next year, Portland me will open early next yearthey want to build one Scarboro near the Super Wal-mart, that the old one will relocate to, in the planning stages for Augusta maine, will soon break ground for the one in Biddeford maine, tried to build one in Sanford with super wal-mart, but the plaza seems to got shot down, planing on building one presque isle maine, and rumors of interest around BAngor (That will not surprise me), I have not been to bangor in 6 years, and heard that bangor is growing and wal-mart opened in brewer and WILL NOT BE SURPRISED IF LOWE's tries to build in both or either Brewer or Bangor.

Lowe's is in super expansion mode, big time, and they have been trying to build one in burlington vt, and it is maybe under construction. They will soon have stores in all 50 states.

this shows the construction of the one in Waterford CT.

d_fife

Well if Lowe's builds in the former Ames's place I hope it will be "reasonably" sized and NOT gigantic like the Plainville one is!

On the lowe's press release it says about the construction of the one in the former ames in WAterford, and the size and will open early 2006.

ALSO IN NH LOWE's is going to build in Gilford where the Lakes REgion Plaza was, but they are building one in TIlton and want to build one in Plymouth, and want to buiild one where the old Bradlees/JCpenny (Taht moved 15 years ago to the steeplegate) was in COncord.

Caldor1999

i have to addmet i like Loews just because there much better and lesse EVIL then Home Depot witch has put so much otta biz them and Wal Mart are retle killers
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
i have to addmet i like Loews just because there much better and lesse EVIL then Home Depot witch has put so much otta biz them and Wal Mart are retle killers

well what home depot and wal-mart have in common is opening all over and opening all over (like Home Depot did in the Secoast, Portland maine and NAshua was to maybe block compettors, like in Nashua Home depot has 2 stores and one in Merrimack on the Nashua border and in the seacoast has stores in SEabrook, North hampton, portsmouth, somersworth and Rochester, and HAS A STORE IN BOTH PORTLAND AND SOUTH PORTLAnd, in sOuth portland it opened in the former HQ, here is the analogy, Home depot is to Wal-mart, as TArget is to Lowe's. More plaza open with Lowe's and Target.  BUT HOWEVER LOWE's is expanding more and could be faster than Home depot, and whereever HOme depot builds, Lowe's wants to build, and whereever Lowe's builds, Home depot wants to build.

AmesNewington

My dad actually prefers Lowe's to Home Depot which isn't surprising. The Newington CT Lowe's is clean, organized, helpful, and a better looking place.

d_fife

this Lowe's in TIlton New Hampshire is opening in JAnuary 2006. IT is near AGway.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
this Lowe's in TIlton New Hampshire is opening in JAnuary 2006. IT is near AGway.

look at how close the lowe's taht will be opening in a few weeks in TIlton is from Agway.

d_fife

this lowe's is in north windham maine and will open in a few weeks. it will.

d_fife

here is to show how close the home depot and lowe's are to each other in windham maine. the signs are right across from each other.

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

d_fife

here is the lowe's in kingston new york in the hudson valley plaza, that is a big box plaza.

from http://www.pyramidmg.com/portfolio/hudsonvalley_plaza.asp

store215

Here's a former Lowe's in South Jersey that was only open for 11 months, but had to close due to cracks developing in the floor (was built on an old landfill)
pic from app.com

ameskmart1

A now closed Lowe's
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by ameskmart1
A now closed Lowe's

wow that is an old one. one in pa was vacated and that one was 71,000 sf

hard to beleive is lowe's is older than home depot.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by ameskmart1
A now closed Lowe's

wow that is an old one. one in pa was vacated and that one was 71,000 sf

hard to beleive is lowe's is older than home depot.

i also thuink there beter yea i know they tend to gobb;e up form emr stores but unliek home depot they dont tear down a mall to make one store if anything lowes makes a good ancor in a mall and uslay has a mall entrice
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

ameskmart1

Another closed Lowe's

ameskmart1

d_fife

lowe's jsut keeps expanding like

this site plan shows one in Gorham new hampshire will come. It shows that the lowe's will be 40 percent smaller than most lowe's. well gorham is a smaller market and I knew that eiither lowe's or home depot would come to the berlin/gorham market.

where will lowe's go next!!!!!!
home depot is scaling back on their expansion plans. lowe's is gaining on home depot and I bet by 2010 Lowe's will be the biggest nation hardware store.

from http://www.kgiproperties.com/properties/location/31/

d_fife

lowe's jsut keeps expanding like

this site plan shows one in Gorham new hampshire will come. It shows that the lowe's will be 40 percent smaller than most lowe's. well gorham is a smaller market and I knew that eiither lowe's or home depot would come to the berlin/gorham market.

where will lowe's go next!!!!!!
home depot is scaling back on their expansion plans. lowe's is gaining on home depot and I bet by 2010 Lowe's will be the biggest nation hardware store.

from http://www.kgiproperties.com/properties/location/31/

well lowe's wants to build in my town plymouth nh, but they are getting faught as they want to build on wetlands. lowe's is building in claremont nh, but temporarly stopped cosntruction due to flood problems. Home depot wants to build near it. Lowe's will probably next want to build in places of an area worth its size where there is no lumber yard: like rindge nh (they have a wal-mart, market basket plaza ,hannaford, a college), gardner mass, either rumford, skowhegan maine; north adams mass (They are trying that), they want to build one in longmeadow mass, there is no need as they have home improvement chains other suburbs of springfield. a lot of places are fighting lowe's and I wonder how many have Noes to Lowe's. VERMONT HAS NO LOWE's yet. In burlington I saw a sign saying future sight for lowe's, but no activity. they wanted to put one in St. Albans. they are fighting to build one in saugus mass in the old palace entertainment complex. There is no lowe's in bangor maine, but I will not be surprised if they build in brewer!

this outline in gorham new hampshire is what was before lowe's, the wal-mart is moving.

http://www.kgiproperties.com/properties/location/31/

d_fife

lowe's here in sanford maine is building. there are building one scarborough to open late this year or early next year. it will be in the same catogory as this: next to a super wal-mart that mvoed.

from http://www.kgiproperties.com/properties/location/15/

d_fife

here is thje lowe's in woburn that opened about 4 years ago. it is near the woburn mall off rt. 128

from http://www.kgiproperties.com/properties/location/7/

d_fife

here is lowe's in pembroke nh that opened in late 2004

from http://www.kgiproperties.com/properties/location/18/

d_fife

here is lowe's in brunswick maine and it looks different and was on the former site of ames. it oepend january 2005.

from Ron Elmma http://www.newplanexcel.com/leasing/storeTraxDetails.asp?ID=661®ion=2

ameskmart1

d_fife

here is the recently opened lowe's in ogdensburg ny that opened where k-mart was. I was there as of May 25, 2006.

d_fife

here is the recently opened lowe's in ogdensburg ny that opened where k-mart was. I was there as of May 25, 2006.

lowe's ogdensburg