Brammy's Ideas for revitalizing the Enfield Square Mall

Started by giantsfan2016, June 12, 2017, 08:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

The Enfield Square Mall is a small mall in Enfield, Connecticut that has experience some real bad luck in the past 18 months.

First JP Morgan Chase foreclosed on the Mall in early 2016. Then Macy's closed both of their stores. Other businesses have closed including Ruby Tuesday. Sears closed in early 2017. What's left at this mall? The 2 main anchors are Target and Enfield Square Cinemas. According to the mall's lease plan a Party City is supposed to be opening in 2017.

http://shopenfieldmall.s3.amazonaws.com/shopenfieldmall/files/ENFIELD-LEASE-6-9-17-Website.pdf

The 97,478 square foot vacancy near Enfield Square Cinemas is the old Sears. I would divide that space between Hobby Lobby and Christmas Tree Shops. The nearest locations for both of these stores is 13 miles away at the Holyoke Mall and also in the Buckand Hills area of Manchester CT.

At the opposite end of the mall I would put Boscov's. This space was Macy's. Enfield Square is the perfect mall for Boscov's second Connecticut location. It's far enough away from Meriden so as not to cannibalize that location and it's right on the Massachusetts border to draw customers from all over Western Mass.

The other vacant anchor space in the center is the other former Macy's. It's a 2 story anchor spot though Macy's only used the first floor and the mall is only one story. The first floor can be used for retail and dining. Along with leaving room for an elevator and escalator to access the second floor, which is where I would put a Primark store. The first floor for dining I was thinking Cheesecake Factory, Bertucci's, and Buffalo Wild Wings and for retail I was thinking H&M.

I would also put an I-Hop across from the Panera.

Then to make sure the mall thrives invest in lots of advertising on both sides of the border - TV and Radio. And try and get a billboard or two on 91 near the mall.