People calling for boycott of Philly's oldies station

Started by giantsfan2016, June 08, 2017, 12:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

Caught this on one of the radio boards. People are calling for the boycott of Philly's Oldies station 98.1 WOGL after several popular DJs were let go in the past couple of weeks including Cadillac Jack.

Brammy's Notes: WOGL is owned by CBS Radio. CBS Radio is in the process of being bought out by Entercom Communications. Companies always lay off staff when buyouts take place. Another reason the boycott is stupid because in my opinion, I personally don't care who the DJ is as long as the station is playing music I like. (The exception of course is  The Classic Wolfman Jack show).

retailisking

Quote from: Brammy on June 08, 2017, 12:28:27 PM
Caught this on one of the radio boards. People are calling for the boycott of Philly's Oldies station 98.1 WOGL after several popular DJs were let go in the past couple of weeks including Cadillac Jack.

Brammy's Notes: WOGL is owned by CBS Radio. CBS Radio is in the process of being bought out by Entercom Communications. Companies always lay off staff when buyouts take place. Another reason the boycott is stupid because in my opinion, I personally don't care who the DJ is as long as the station is playing music I like. (The exception of course is  The Classic Wolfman Jack show).

CBS Radio started laying off hundreds of employees even before the Entercom sale was announced. Others have left the company of their own accord, including WBZ morning anchor Joe Mathieu, who left for crosstown public radio station WGBH. CBSR's layoffs appear less to do with the Entercom takeover than with maintaining margins. Entercom won't have much left to cut once they take over except perhaps in the executive suite.