Fargo, ND - So many Digit-Net SubChannels!

Started by giantsfan2016, June 04, 2017, 06:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

I have a friend who lives in Fargo, North Dakota. I just went on Rabbitears.info to look up what TV stations he gets and it seems like Fargo is a Digi-Net Subchannel land! (Maybe it has to do with the harsh winter climate). Channel 4 has the most!

From RabbitEars.Info

KRDK Channel 4
4.1 Cozi TV
4.3 Grit
4.4 Escape
4.5 Bounce TV
4.6 Laff
4.7 Comet TV
4.8 Buzzr

*4.2 is something called BEK Sports.

WDAY Channel 6 (ABC)
6.2 Justice Network

They also have a News and Weather Channel on 6.3 and ION on 6.4

KJRR/KVRR Channel 7/15 (FOX)
7.2/15.2 Antenna TV

KVLY Channel 11 (NBC)
11.3 ME-TV
11.4 Heroes and Icons

They also have CBS on 11.2

Not included in my list are the PBS stations and 2 Low-Power Repeaters that Have CBS from 11.2 on their main channel, CW on their .2 channel and, H&I on the .3 channel.

BillyGr

Albany (NY) has quite a listing as well:

6 (WRGB - CBS)
.2 TBD (Had been This until fairly recently - TBD actually means something, not just to be determined)
.3 comet

10 (WTEN - ABC)
.2 get
.3 Justice

13 (WNYT - NBC)
.2 Me-TV
.3 H&I

17 (WMHT - PBS)
.2 Create
.3 World
.4 Kids (I think cartoons all the time, or it always is when I flip through)

23 (WXXA - Fox)
.2 OTB (Horse racing)
.3 Laff

45 (WCWN - CW)
.2 Charge!
.3 is a simulcast of WRGB 6.1's signal, to improve coverage area

51 (WYNA - My TV Network)
.2 Antenna TV
.3 Decades

There is also apparently a Channel 14 in the Catskills (broadcasting from Windham Mountain) that is now carrying This (along with Retro, tuff.tv, fam, rev'n, latv, and France 24), though I can't get that one to come in, even though it says broadcasting to the Albany area.  51 is also hard to get at times (and odd, in that it will pickup on one TV but not another within the same house).

bm10k

I actually Live In the Fargo area, and i can pickup most of these channels with a pair of rabbit ears easily due to the flat terrain 

TheFugitive

BUZZR just appeared in Pittsburgh on 61.2 (61.1 is a low-power station running home shopping).

Gene Rayburn, one of the ugliest men who ever lived, nevertheless became a television star.
What a country!!

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: BillyGr on June 04, 2017, 12:41:29 PM
TBD actually means something, not just to be determined
Actually, it does mean "to be determined." The channel mainly shows web videos from YouTube, as well as other millennial-targeted programs.

According to Sinclair Broadcasting: "TBD's entertainment promise is always 'To Be Determined.'"

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Alpena, Michigan has the smallest number of channels in any U.S. market:

WBKB-TV 11 is their only commercial station, whose main channel is a CBS affiliate, their only other OTA station is PBS affiliate WCML 6, their CW+ affiliate "WBAE" is only available on cable (WBAE has been available through cable TV since  its days as a WB 100+ affiliate) and there's no local NBC affiliate, so they have to rely on a neighboring market's NBC affiliate, like Cheboygan, Michigan's NBC affiliate WTOM-TV 4.

6.1 - WCML - PBS
6.2 - WCML - PBS Kids
6.3 - WCML - Create

11.1 - WBKB-HD - CBS
11.2 - WBKB-FX - FOX (primary affiliate) MyNetworkTV (secondary affiliate)
11.3 - WBKB-AB - ABC

BillyGr

Quote from: ShopKoFan on June 06, 2017, 07:51:12 PM
Quote from: BillyGr on June 04, 2017, 12:41:29 PM
TBD actually means something, not just to be determined
Actually, it does mean "to be determined." The channel mainly shows web videos from YouTube, as well as other millennial-targeted programs.

According to Sinclair Broadcasting: "TBD's entertainment promise is always 'To Be Determined.'"

That makes sense - I was just making sure people understood it was an actual channel, not just TBD as in "We haven't decided what channel/programming we want to put there yet".

retailisking

Sinclair inherited the TBD name (and the TBD.com domain) when they bought WJLA in Washington, DC. Allbritton Communications used the name briefly for its all-news channel (since reverted to its old name NewsChannel8.)