Do we want to do a get together of The Members of this forum this summer?

Started by ynkeesfn82, March 27, 2012, 09:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

This August will be 10 years since the announcement of the closure of AMES. I was thinking it would a good opportunity to have a get together of the members of this site - hopefully in Rocky Hill, Connecticut. I'm not really sure how to go about doing this. Perhaps meet at a restaurant or something and then take a field trip to the former AMES Corporate Headquarters in Rocky Hill. Is anyone interesting in having a get together this summer?

ynkeesfn82

Pat, I know, but it was over 2 years ago when you first posted that, so I thought I'd bring it up again. Was discussing this last week with a couple members I have on Facebook.

GothicPrincess

Marc and Chris already know my answer :) just name the day and time, and I'll arrange my summer vacation around it if at all possible. 10 years is a long time, but feels like yesterday......
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

XDeSuEhTX

That would be kinda cool I think. Be interesting to meet the people I've been chatting with on and off here since 2005, haha.
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

C. Fontaine

patk

C. Fontaine

Mos def, thanks patk for suggesting it an Marc for reviving it!

GothicPrincess

Has anyone decided when we are going to do this? My boss is pushing me to get my vacation request ready because everyone there takes vacation in summer. I have to see what weeks are available still but I need to know when the get-together is going to happen. Please please please...? :)

ynkeesfn82

GothicPrincess

patk

well if we can't meet up on that day (8/15/2012) we can mark the day at the ames or hills in ur town! ;D

Zayre88

Quote from: patk on April 28, 2012, 06:21:10 PM
well if we can't meet up on that day (8/15/2012) we can mark the day at the ames or hills in ur town! ;D

This could be something easier to do. 

Everyone gets to a former/vacant Ames near them and takes a picture.

patk

Quote from: Zayre88 on April 28, 2012, 07:23:28 PM
Quote from: patk on April 28, 2012, 06:21:10 PM

This could be something easier to do. 

Everyone gets to a former/vacant Ames near them and takes a picture.
ok that will work! 8)

Ameskid

I'm aware that this is old, but I am interested in meeting some forum members.

I may be taking a trip to the Syracuse area sometime relatively soon (within the next couple of months). Not sure if any members are in the area, but it's more northeastern than Cincinnati is!
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

busman_49

I'm in SW Ohio and always interested in meeting new people w/ the same interests!